Email reports: no copy sent to my email address

bnwbass
bnwbass Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I am sending reports to other email and they all received them but when I check the box to copy me I never get the email. Where to I configure my email. In preferences my email is correct. Is there another place to change my email address that I'm missing.

Thx
Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your spam folder. I experimented with emailed reports a while ago and found that Gmail thought they were spam. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • bnwbass
    bnwbass Member ✭✭
    I looked in all mail and not there, the person I sent it to got it though
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @bnwbass

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with emailing reports. I'm wondering what could be causing you not to receive it as I seemed to see it work when testing. Do you by chance have another email to send it from to test to see if you have a similar issue when you send it? 

If you get the chance let us know if you're able to test the issue you're having. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Jim_Harman
    If you are using Gmail, "All Mail" does not include items in your Spam folder. To see Spam items, you must scroll down the list of labels on the left and at the bottom click on More if necessary, until you see Spam. Then click on Spam to see the contents of the Spam folder.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me -
    the FROM email address is what is also my Quicken ID email address -
    and that is where the COPY [x] was sent and received.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    edited May 2021
    I just emailed myself a report and checked the Send me a copy box. The original ended up in my gmail Spam folder and the copy never arrived, even if I sent it to another email that forwards to gmail.

So for me at least, there is something broken about the Send me a copy function.

Update: I eventually received the copy of the email that was sent to the other address, but gmail put that in my Spam folder also. It appears that Gmail discards duplicates of emails received from the same sender. 
  • trevorcr
    trevorcr Member ✭✭
    I am having this issue now while sending invoices and am not using gmail. Using sbcglobal email.
  • Jim_Harman
    I edited the title to make it clearer.
This discussion has been closed.