Bank of America duplicate accounts - can they be merged?

Options
I closed a BofA account this week (at the bank). Quicken then would not connect to BofA to download transactions from another BofA account that's still open. I "disconnected" the open account, then entered my credentials to download transactions again. Now Quicken shows two duplicate accounts with identical balances. "Update selected account" is greyed out for the account that has all my previous transactions. The one that will connect is treated as new account showing an opening balance but no transaction history. Is there a way to merge these two accounts, or persuade Quicken they're really the same account?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Yes, you can select all the non duplicate transactions in the old disconnected account and drag/drop them to the new connected account in the sidebar. Then delete the old account. You should be good to go.

Make a backup before doing this in case anything goes wrong and double check the account balance is correct before moving on.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • DukeBedford
    DukeBedford Member
    Options
    OK, that worked, with a few entries that had to be tweaked manually ... mostly transfers from other accounts that were locked and had to be modified from the other account. Thanks!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Yeah, I should have mentioned that some transfers could be broken and need to be re-done. Glad this worked for you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.