Transactions stopped downloading from USAA Federal Savings Bank

Transactions stopped downloading from USAA Federal Saving Bank around 4/9/2022. Connection method is Direct Connect using Quicken Premier on Windows 10. When updating the USAA credit card account, Quicken connects and updates the online balance but transactions do not get loaded into Quicken. USAA was contacted and instructed me to update credentials, which was completed but the download issue remained. Attempted resetting the Quicken USAA account, deactivating and reactivating the Quicken USAA account, revalidating the Quicken file, re-establishing USAA credentials, etc. Problem remains and happens ONLY with USAA credit card. Curiously the USAA credit card account number in Quicken is different than the actual visa card number, but in repeated attempts, only the Quicken account number will make the connection with USAA.

Comments

• norvanl62
    norvanl62 Member ✭✭
    I am also having this issue with the identical beginning time. There is clearly an issue between USAA credit card accounts and Quicken.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Transactions stopped downloading from USAA Federal Saving Bank around 4/9/2022. Connection method is Direct Connect using Quicken Premier on Windows 10. When updating the USAA credit card account, Quicken connects and updates the online balance but transactions do not get loaded into Quicken. USAA was contacted and instructed me to update credentials, which was completed but the download issue remained. Attempted resetting the Quicken USAA account, deactivating and reactivating the Quicken USAA account, revalidating the Quicken file, re-establishing USAA credentials, etc. Problem remains and happens ONLY with USAA credit card. Curiously the USAA credit card account number in Quicken is different than the actual visa card number, but in repeated attempts, only the Quicken account number will make the connection with USAA.
    Hello @leonstommes1130

I am sorry that you are being affected by this issue with account downloads. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community in regards to this problem. 

Currently, there is an Open Alert that is active regarding USAA Federal Savings Bank and connection issues that may be relevant to your situation. You can view the discussion linked here for updates and additional information.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mikeh0917
    mikeh0917 Member ✭✭
    Same issue with me
  • Same issue here on a Mac. Just USAA credit cards. Downloads ended on the same date.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with USAA. 

I have located a thread in which a user discusses steps that were taken in order to allow USAA to download transactions into Quicken. You may follow this link here to check it out. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• prov0356
    prov0356 Member
    Same issue with me. No credit card transactions have downloaded since those with a posted date (on USAA website) of 4/10/2022.
  • jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problems for my USAA credit cards as mentioned above. The online balance is updated but no transactions are downloaded. I don’t get any error message. I deactivated my credit card account, reauthorized it with USAA and set it back up for downloads, but I get the same results-no downloaded transactions. No credit card transactions downloaded since 4/9/2022. I also called USAA tech support and talked to 3 people. First person didn't know enough about Quicken to help, second person gave the number to Quicken tech support, and the third person issued me a Support Ticket number and said to call back in two to three days.
  • ATXRunner
    ATXRunner Member ✭✭
    Same issue as well. No credit card transactions since 4/10/2022.
  • ATXRunner
    ATXRunner Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Jasmine" said:
    > Hello All, 
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with USAA. 
    >
    > I have located a thread in which a user discusses steps that were taken in order to allow USAA to download transactions into Quicken. You may follow this link here to check it out. 
    >
    > Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

This solution appears to be for someone setting up downloads for the first time and is not related to this issue.
  • same issue. No credit card transaction downloads since 4/10.
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    This really needs to be fixed right away. It has to be affecting thousands of users.
  • Bill_65
    Bill_65 Member
    Same Issue as above
  •  Mac
    Mac Member
    Same issue as above
  • anormalguy
    anormalguy Member
    Same as above. Started on/around 4/10-4/11
  • wilhelminab
    wilhelminab Member ✭✭
    Same here
  • wilhelminab
    wilhelminab Member ✭✭
    Same issue.
  • et14x
    et14x Member ✭✭
    Same issue as well with same starting date.

I've also noticed when trying to reset the account, the card number it offers to link to is different than the actual card number. I have two USAA cards and the different card numbers is true for both accounts (although I don't know if the download problem is affecting the other card as I haven't used it since this began)
  • kingjck
    kingjck Member ✭✭
    Same issue.
  • WBK_6
    WBK_6 Member ✭✭
    Same issue. No help from USAA FSB or Quicken. What does it take to resolve this issue???
  • allej0ly
    allej0ly Member ✭✭
    Same here since 4/9/22 to USAA CC account, one step update completes without any error message, but no cleared transactions downloaded. USAA bank deposit accounts are still downloading cleared transactions. Opened incident ticket with USAA on 4/18/22 which was promptly closed the same day without any communication or taking any action.
  • allej0ly
    allej0ly Member ✭✭
    Discussion thread link on USAA community forum regarding this issue: https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Other/Missing-delayed-downloaded-transactions-in-Quicken/td-p/257351/highlight/false
  • gbmaynard
    gbmaynard Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello All, 
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with USAA. 
    >
    > I have located a thread in which a user discusses steps that were taken in order to allow USAA to download transactions into Quicken. You may follow this link here to check it out. 
    >
    > Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you for your attention, but I believe the link you provided was relevant to an earlier and DIFFERENT issue. FYI, I got nailed by that problem as well, but it resolved itself. The current issue does not result in an error message or any other indication that the download is not working as advertised. You have to manually compare transactions on USAA's website with the download results to even know that there is a malfunction
  • EMacUSCom
    EMacUSCom Member ✭✭✭
    Good news!!! My USAA Credit card transactions downloaded again this morning.  I did not change anything in my Quicken for this to happen.  Hopefully you all get your transactions.  Have a very good day.

• allej0ly
    allej0ly Member ✭✭
    I can confirm this morning, 04/22/22 @ 8:10am EDT, USAA CC transactions are once again successfully downloading via Quicken One Step Update. This included the transactions since 04/09/22. 

Additionally, Jingle time has been temporarily suspended while a federal judge weighs in on a challenge  that repeated commercials containing the USAA jingle constitute cruel and unusual punishment......
  • jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    Downloaded my credit card transactions today (4/22/2022). Apparently, the issue has been resolved.
  • KMJU
    KMJU Member ✭✭
    Agree. Same here.
  • gbmaynard
    gbmaynard Member ✭✭
    Me too
  • sprewitt
    sprewitt Member
    Only Capital one has downloaded today with about a 10 day gap in transactions. All other accounts haven't been able to download since April 8, even though Quicken reports accounts updated with 0 transactions.
  • anormalguy
    anormalguy Member
    It worked once yesterday but seems like it might be broken again
  • kingjck
    kingjck Member ✭✭
    Problem solved. Credit card transactions downloaded this morning.
This discussion has been closed.