Online setup for Capital One doesn't appear

Options
Though the online setup for Truist accounts pops up when I use Online setup and works when I try that with my Capital One account the box doesn't appear and the Quicken window darkens as if it did. I've tried two Quicken files and removed and reinstalled Quicken to no change. This worked before the most recent update.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Though the online setup for Truist accounts pops up when I use Online setup and works when I try that with my Capital One account the box doesn't appear and the Quicken window darkens as if it did. I've tried two Quicken files and removed and reinstalled Quicken to no change. This worked before the most recent update.
    Hello @Adam Pressman

I am sorry to hear about this issue with necessary windows and menu screens seemingly missing in Quicken. Thank you for reaching out about this and discussing it with us here on the Quicken Community.

Are you referring to the Add Account screen, pictured below? What method are you using to add your accounts?  
    Lastly, have you tried restoring a backup saved just prior to the most recent update? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done regularly, you should be able to restore a recently saved backup by going into the same menu mentioned a moment ago and selecting Restore a Backup File... I am curious to know whether or not this behavior continues in the restored file.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Adam Pressman
    Adam Pressman Member ✭✭
    Options
    The account worked until I made a copy as you suggest of my qdf file to see if it helped stop crashing and it helped a little. I didn't realize I'd have to redo all my online setups. So it's an existing account. I've removed the Online setup and tried to add it again and never see the screen above except when I create a new empty Quicken file, then the account add presents the screen for capital one and it all works. The problem is that capital one only will download 87 days of transactions so I'd rather not delete and recreate the account in my normal Quicken file. As I know the community or Quicken won't help unless I can duplicate the problem in a new QDF it's useless to try them. I will just have to do web connections and download QFX files until another update accidentally fixes what got broke in the latest update.
This discussion has been closed.