Quicken screen flashes during bank updates

Options
flashes during updates

Best Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, lots of flashing. Animations were already off. This is a new display bug in R40.13. @Quicken Jasmine

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @John Bennett,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by navigating to Help > About Quicken. Does this occur when you are performing an "Update All" procedure or when you update an individual account? How long has this error been occurring? Do you receive any sort of error messages or codes when attempting to update your accounts?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John Bennett
    John Bennett Member ✭✭
    Options
    Premier v R40.13 Build 27.1.40.13
    Win 10 Enterprise
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @John Bennett,

Thank you for your response. 

Do you mind answering the other questions that I had asked in my previous response so that I may continue working towards a resolution with you?

I look forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

• fw6322+
    fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Experience the same issues with R40.13.  When doing OSU got a flashing screen showing a blank black screen.  When doing an individual account there is like a screen rewrite which is like flashing.
  • John Bennett
    John Bennett Member ✭✭
    Options
    When updating individual bank account, no error messges
  • John Bennett
    John Bennett Member ✭✭
    Options
    started within last 30 days
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @John Bennett and @fw6322+,

Thank you for your responses and for joining this thread.

I have located a Support Article that defines some steps to take when experiencing issues such as the screen flashing during updates. You may follow this link here.

Please let me know how it goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• fw6322+
    Options
    This was already unchecked " Turn on Animation"
  • John Bennett
    John Bennett Member ✭✭
    Options
    That did it, only one screen refresh as usual
    TYVM!
  • fw6322+
    Options
    The Quotes Update on Portfolio started flashing today!!!
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, lots of flashing. Animations were already off. This is a new display bug in R40.13. @Quicken Jasmine

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    It also flashes during portfolio updates from 3 times (Portfolio update) to 12+ times (One Step update).

So, this is one annoying problem and when it is going to be fix ?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.