Old Payee showed up without a reason

Options
An old Legal General expense that I haven't used since May 2020 shows up in my register with a 4/1/22 date, and I cannot delete it, skip it, or edit it. When I ran a search for Legal General so I could tell you when I paid them last, the 4/1/22 transaction doesn't show up in the register. I tried to manage the payments, and I found the payee in April 2022 Monthly Bills & Deposit, but the status is "Done" Due "None" How do I remove it from my register? If I can't remove it, I'll need to offset the expense with credit in my register, which doesn't make me happy.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An old Legal General expense that I haven't used since May 2020 shows up in my register with a 4/1/22 date, and I cannot delete it, skip it, or edit it. When I ran a search for Legal General so I could tell you when I paid them last, the 4/1/22 transaction doesn't show up in the register. I tried to manage the payments, and I found the payee in April 2022 Monthly Bills & Deposit, but the status is "Done" Due "None" How do I remove it from my register? If I can't remove it, I'll need to offset the expense with credit in my register, which doesn't make me happy.
    Hello @Theresa Tucker

i am sorry to hear about this issue with outdated transactions reappearing in the account register, and difficulties editing these entries. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

In order to answer your question, I do have one piece of relevant information that I am still curious about. Where is your current active data file located? You can find this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

Additionally, have you tried validating the data file? You can do this by first saving a backup via the Copy or Backup File... option in the upper menu just mentioned, then following the steps below in the order they appear:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I am eager to see your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.