After the most recent update, all dates in software are 2022!!!!

crosbytrio
crosbytrio Member
I don't know what happened but after this last update on 4/19/2022 all of the dates in my accounts are in 2022. I go back many years using this software and now everything has the 2022 date on it. If I try and type in the date to correct it, it will not correct. If I scroll on the right side of the account it will show which month and year but on the ledger they all show 2022!!!! WTH happened? It will not correct even when I pull up an older backup file. Anybody know how I can get this corrected.

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    This sounds so odd; I've never heard of Quicken changing just the year of every transaction to the current year.

The only other thing I can suggest to check is your's Mac's System Preferences > Language & Region. is it set to United States for the Region? Is the Calendar set to Gregorian? If you click on Advanced > Dates, are dates set to month - day - year?

(The reason I'm suspecting the Mac is because nothing should have been able to change your backup Quicken data files, even if the current one was corrupted somehow during the update.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @crosbytrio, if you want to change the short form of the date to show a 4 digit year (04/21/2022), click on the year in the short form and select the 4 digit version. 
    As you discovered, just typing a 4 digit number in that field will set the year to a fixed value.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @crosbytrio,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, I recommend that you check and make sure there aren't any register filter settings that may be causing this.

If you are able to confirm that this is not caused by any filters, then to start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• crosbytrio
    crosbytrio Member
    Quicken Anja, I do not have a Validate option to try under the File catagory
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look again.  On my file menu, it's the 5th item down.  And, was that a program update, or a data update on 4/19?  If a program update, then you're running the same version as I am, and it should be there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Anja
    @crobytrio thank you for following up!

Your Community profile appears to indicate that you are using Quicken for Windows, is this correct? If so, could you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and confirm which version of Quicken it shows that you have currently running?

However, if you are using Quicken for Mac, then please navigate to Quicken > About Quicken to check this information instead.

Let us know what you find! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• crosbytrio
    crosbytrio Member
    My subscription shows its for a MacOS 10.13.6. I've had this mac for a number of years, never had a problem with updating from Quicken before. This just happened yesterday after the update. I really don't want to reinstall this program. My backups are all showing this same year when I have pulled them up too. WTH?
  • crosbytrio
    crosbytrio Member
    NotACPA, I do not have a Validate menu item
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @crosbytrio Even though you're running QMac, you started this thread in a QWin topic ...which is why you're getting QWin replies rather than QMac replies.
    A moderator will move it for you (you can't do so yourself), so that you'll get appropriate replies.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• crosbytrio
    crosbytrio Member
    NotACPA, sorry about that. Thanks for your comments
  • Quicken Anja
    @crosbytrio thank you for confirming that you're using Quicken for Mac.

I've moved this post to the appropriate Mac category and corrected your profile to indicate that you are using Quicken for Mac. Apologies for any previous confusion as the instructions I provided are only possible in Quicken for Windows.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue you described above? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• crosbytrio
    crosbytrio Member
    edited April 2022
    Here's what I'm looking at, it doesn't matter what account it is either. All of them now show only 2022 for any year!
    httpsusv-cdnnet6031128uploadseditors7i6or1l6h6ybxpng

• Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the screenshot.

I know you mentioned having already tried restoring an older backup, however, was the backup you attempted to restore saved prior to installing the latest update release (these backups are usually labeled as "pre-update" in your automatic backups folder)? Also, do you happen to have Time Machine backup set up?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• jacobs
    Also, you mentioned installing an update on April 19. Do you know what update this was? The latest release of Quicken Mac (6.6.2) was released in mid-March. Did you not use Quicken in the past month, or repeatedly decline to install the update? I'm just trying to understand what you were updating from/to this week.

Although it sounds dumb, have you restarted your Mac? You'd be amazed at the unexplainable oddities which get cured with a simple restart. It may not be the solution, but it's always worth a try.
  • crosbytrio
    crosbytrio Member
    jacobs, I did update to the 6.6.2 version on the 19th. I delayed the install until the 19th. I did restart the computer, twice now since I observed this problem with the year showing only 2022. I have cleared filters, used an older backup, but am confounded by this problem. Where else might this setting, if it is one, reside? The only other thing I did that same morning was delete the Garage Band app. I have looked in various preferences and cannot find where this might even be an option or a change.
  • jacobs
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    This sounds so odd; I've never heard of Quicken changing just the year of every transaction to the current year.

The only other thing I can suggest to check is your's Mac's System Preferences > Language & Region. is it set to United States for the Region? Is the Calendar set to Gregorian? If you click on Advanced > Dates, are dates set to month - day - year?

(The reason I'm suspecting the Mac is because nothing should have been able to change your backup Quicken data files, even if the current one was corrupted somehow during the update.)
  • crosbytrio
    crosbytrio Member
    Quicken Anja, I do not have Time Machine set up. My backups go to an external hard drive but I don't see a recent backup. I just looked in About This Mac under Applications and there too all the dates show 2022!!! So there must be some setting in About This Mac that changed or I mistakenly changed.
  • crosbytrio
    crosbytrio Member
    jacobs, you were absolutely correct. I found I changed the date in Language and Region, Dates. I don't know why I felt I wanted to change the Advanced settings or even look at it. I reset to defaults (which show 1976) and I had changed it to 2022. OMG!! How random of me. I restarted my computer, reopened Quicken and I am good to go! Thank you so much! I really appreciate all the quick responses to this problem. I am grateful.
  • Jon
    Answer ✓
    @crosbytrio, if you want to change the short form of the date to show a 4 digit year (04/21/2022), click on the year in the short form and select the 4 digit version. 
    As you discovered, just typing a 4 digit number in that field will set the year to a fixed value.

• jacobs
    @crosbytrio I'm so glad that turned out to be the problem, and tat you're now back in business!

@Jon I never knew you could type a date and set ALL Dates to a specific year! I'm not sure when that would ever be a useful feature. ;)
  • Jon
    I cant think of any circumstance it would be useful. But those date formats are a combination of variables (day, month, year, etc) and fixed text (slashes, commas, etc) and they are completely customizable, so there's nothing stopping you from changing it to something ridiculous:

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Jon said:
    I cant think of any circumstance it would be useful. 
    Here's a case when it might be useful. Have you ever had to set your system date to some earlier time and turn off automatic time update in order to trick some software into thinking it is earlier (for example, to get a few more days out of a free trial)? This might be a way to do that without changing the actual system date/time. Would depend on how the program in question is reading the date.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.