Update or One Step investing portfolio causing multiple screen refreshing

marlae007.
marlae007. Member ✭✭
Ver. 40.13 Build 27.1.40.13

Just downloaded the newest version as of today (4/19/2022) and as the title says, updating investments is causing multiple screen flickering - 3 times of screen refeshing.

Kinda of annoying......

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Ver. 40.13 Build 27.1.40.13

Just downloaded the newest version as of today (4/19/2022) and as the title says, updating investments is causing multiple screen flickering - 3 times of screen refeshing.

Kinda of annoying......
    Hello @marlae007,     

I am sorry to hear about this irritating issue with screens flickering and refreshing. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this problem.

Have you tried restoring a backup from prior to yesterday? We recommend saving backups often by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. If this has been done regularly, there should be a backup available for restoration that you can access by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned previously. I am curious whether or not this behavior continues in a restored file.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    I restored backup earlier in the day before the update and still multiple screen flickering - 3 times.

Only earlier one I have is 4/15 and don't want to restore it - I been screwed over on the restore process a few times and don't feel like entering a load of transactions manually.
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    Also, using One Step Update and updating from my brokerage account (download transactions and balances) and online services (download quotes), the quicken portfolio screen in the background refreshes 12-14 times behind the One Step Updating screen.
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    I took a backup file from prior to 4/19/22, it was 4/12/22 and had the same problems.

I also validated and repair my current quicken file and no luck.

Very fustrating, I (as well as many others) went through hell in late Nov thru Jan with a major problem of quicken & Schwab where bonds were not updating and other issues.

Now this. Does anybody actually test all the changes as well as on different machines ?
  • Paul_in_MA
    Paul_in_MA Member ✭✭
    I am also experiencing the same screen refresh problems since the last update. I updated with the Mondo patch as the update wasn't showing as available a few days ago. It may take up to 30 seconds of refreshes before the downloaded transactions process through. Thankfully, the program hasn't crashed so it is definitely a result of the latest update code.
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Just an FYI:

Another issue is bond prices are not updating; however, it's an issue with Schwab not Quicken, I called the Schwab bond tech department and there aware of it. It started on Thursday 4/14/22.
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Do we have any idea when this problem is going to fixed - it's been reported in othe areas of Quicken as well - Banking ?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    All I can do is report the problem, due to sensitive portfolio information, I can't send screenshots or files.

[Removed - Speculation]; it's happening in Banking and in Investing. [Removed - Rant/Speculation]
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Hi Everyone,

We have identified and fixed the issue that causes the flickering and we are planning on releasing it as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and please stay tuned. 

Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dave Megeath
    Dave Megeath Member ✭✭
    Same issue here; Ver. 40.13 Build 27.1.40.13; submitted error report from Quicken tool. Standing by.
  • marlae007.
    marlae007. Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    That is good news, do you know what happen that caused this ?
  • Yooper2020
    Yooper2020 Member ✭✭
    My Quicken has flashed like this for YEARS, never got a good reason for it. It always occurred after a One Step Update, doing an immediate second One Step Update eliminated the flashing/refreshing....
  • Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same thing here, multiple flashes, it will even go black and say not responding for a few seconds.  Good to hear that is going to be fixed.

Another investing issue since this last update - in my 401K account, which downloads multiple transactions for each security (pre-tax, roth, and company match) when clicking on certain transactions or scrolling down through the list, certain transactions disappear from the register.  They are still there, just hidden somehow, share and cost balances are correct and they are in the security view, just some glitch where the register makes them disappear until you go to another account then back in.  This only seems to be happening with this one account, I'm assuming it is related to the fact that there are several purchases for the same security in a row.  Is this known and is it part of the fix?
  • Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to have been fixed in the latest patch.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Seems to have been fixed in the latest patch.
    Hello @Drinkingbird

I am happy to hear that this issue seems to have been resolved, although I am sorry that the path to resolution may have been somewhat unclear, and that you did not receive a response sooner. 

Feel free to reach out anytime with additional questions or concerns.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.