Should I Deactivate the Express Web Connect on an account while using Cloud Sync?

Alan Devan
Alan Devan Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
Using Windows Desktop Quicken subscription. I have six accounts and all six are connected to online services using Express Web Connect. I download cleared transactions almost daily and match them with manually entered transactions. I want to experiment with cloud sync using the Mobile app with one of the accounts. If all goes well, I will eventually cloud sync all six accounts.

Question 1: Should I deactivate the Express Web Connect on the account I add to cloud sync?
Question 2: Will there be an issue to continue downloading and matching transactions on five accounts and cloud sync on one account.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Alan Devan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your questions.

To answer each of your questions; no, you will not need to deactivate your accounts in your desktop program in order to add accounts to cloud sync nor should you experience any issues to continue downloading and matching transactions for any accounts when syncing to the cloud.

For more information on the Quicken Cloud and how cloud sync works, we recommend that please take a moment to review this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Alan Devan
    Alan Devan Member ✭✭
    Thank you Anja.
    Just to be sure, I understand from what I have read that it is very important to run the cloud sync first and foremost upon opening desktop Quicken?

Also if I then update the transactions by using Express Web Connect will I get the same transactions from the bank that I just received through the Quicken Cloud sync?

I am trying to avoid a bunch of duplicate transactions that happened to me more than a year ago last time I tried using Quicken Mobile. My ultimate goal is to use Quicken Mobile to enter transaction in real time and then cloud sync them into the Quicken Desktop and match Desktop Quicken transactions with the cleared transactions from Express Web Connect.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for your response and follow-up.

If you have entered new data into the Mobile or Web companion app, then yes, we recommend running a cloud sync first upon opening the program to match the data on the desktop program to the data entered in the companion apps.

Cloud syncing alone should not cause you to download new transactions. Its purpose is solely to transmit data between the desktop program and the companion apps. When downloading transactions through Express Web Connect, it should not duplicate any transactions that have already been downloaded. However, if you are concerned about this and want to take extra precautions, I recommend saving a backup before updating your accounts.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.