AT&T (T) - No new quotes or investing headlines...

thansen
thansen Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I somehow cannot get Quicken (windows release R40.13) to download quotes and headlines for AT&T (T). I'm not sure how long time this has been an issue.

I get a response along the lines shown in the attached JPEG file when I run an updated.

I have unlinked the security and tried
- rerunning the update
- finding the secure in the security list and running update for that particular security
- renaming the security and doing Add Security for T
- Validate my file and repair followed by update

Regardless what I do I cannot get quicken to download quotes & headlines for T. Also, since I now have unlinked the security (ie. unchecked 'Matched with online security') then there is no CUSIP number for T in my security list (ie. Quicken doesn't link when I run an update).

Any idea what the issue could be and how to resolve it?

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that seems odd is you have AT&T listed for download twice, why? You only need the security listed once for as many accounts that may contain this stock.
  • thansen
    thansen Member ✭✭
    > @GeoffG said:
    > One thing that seems odd is you have AT&T listed for download twice, why? You only need the security listed once for as many accounts that may contain this stock.

I know... I have been wondering about that too... in the beginning T was listed 4 times in the report generated on update. I have some options for AT&T in my security list (starting with 'T <then something>', T followed by 3 spaces then some other characters). I wondered if the 'T ' confused Quicken so I renamed the options (deleted the spaces since those options have expired anyways) and now it went down to 2 instances of T in the report generated on update (not sure it had anything to do with renaming of the options though). In my security list, I only have one instance of T... and it has been like that from the get-go.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you only own T stock without any special series, I suspect you may have some sort of data corruption. I would suggest making a backup, then a file validation with Rebuild investing lots selected. File>Validate and Repair File.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you actually looked at your T price information in Quicken? 

I presume you are getting to that screenshot from a OSU summary that indicates you got "(X-2) of X quotes and investing headlines updated.  See a report."    

That "report' on missing quotes is notoriously inaccurate.  It (usually?, often? always in my case) makes reference to securities that have nothing to do with the actual securities that did not get updated.  To find that actual problematic securities requires delving into portfolio views and the like to see which securities do not have updated quotes.  Forget the AT&T suggestion.      
This discussion has been closed.