How to connect Ally auto loan to Quicken

Options
I can't get Quicken to log into my Ally auto loan.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    BTW, if you can download from your bank account into Q, you can split the payment there, to show Principal/Interest/other and reconcile that.
    Then, when you get your next statement, go back and edit the payment to update that split to conform to that statement.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @jaysquickenaccount,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with connecting your Ally Auto Loan. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Help > About Quicken. What Connection method are you attempting to set up Ally with? Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to set up your account? Are you able to log in to the Ally Auto Loan website? What occurs when attempting to add this account to Quicken?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jaysaccount
    jaysaccount Member ✭✭
    Options
    Error when using online services: CC-503 I just purchased version R39.23 yesterday and I am trying to connect my Quicken with Ally Auto. I can log into Ally from the web with no problem.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @jaysaccount

Thank you for your response and for letting me know of the error code that you are receiving.

I have located a Support Article that defines troubleshooting steps to take when presented with the CC-503 error. You may follow this link to access the FAQ. 

Please let me know how this goes so we may troubleshoot further if needed!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd advise AGAINST connecting any auto loan for download.
    Doing so will only download the principal portion of your payment, not the interest portion.
    And the Mortgage Loan Wizard won't work well, because it expects a "monthly interest loan", such as a mortgage, and auto loans are almost  always "Daily Interest" where the amount of interest that you owe for this payment is in part dependent upon when last month's payment was posted.

• jaysaccount
    jaysaccount Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you! I am new to all of this since I just upgraded after my Quicken 2001 crashed! LOL I was just trying to upload Ally into my "Accounts" along with all my other financial institutions. I will put it in as an "Offline Account".
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    BTW, if you can download from your bank account into Q, you can split the payment there, to show Principal/Interest/other and reconcile that.
    Then, when you get your next statement, go back and edit the payment to update that split to conform to that statement.

This discussion has been closed.