USAA Will Not Update

Southcoast
Southcoast Member ✭✭
USAA Federal Savings Bank accounts will not update. This has been going on and off for the past year. Quicken (apparently) connects, no downloads. Have also had sync errors off and on. Is this common with USAA?

Comments

• pao2
    pao2 Member ✭✭
    You probably have already been through this, but just in case, USAA requires a separate Access ID and Access pin to work with Quicken. It's different from your regular USAA login process.
  • Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I have the id and access pin. I have used it to set up the accounts, and things go along smoothly for a couple of weeks and then, no downloads. Right now, I connect, the little circle goes around and stops, and then...nothing.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Southcoast,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

What is the error code or message that you receive? 

Could you please create a test file and add the USAA account(s) to see if the same error occurs? You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jasmine. Thanks, but I have been through this a number of times before with temporary results and would like to avoid spending more time on it. Plus, yesterday afternoon all worked well. Once. This morning Sync Error again. So an intermittent problem. Got to believe Quicken and USAA have an ongoing issue. Could your team get with USAA and hash this out? Error code: BID=67811. Same as before.
    Regards
    Jim Soden
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Southcoast,

Thank you for your response and I understand your hesitation. 

However, creating a test file is just one of the ways that we can try to isolate the error that you are receiving. Could you upload a screenshot of the error message, please?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    Here it is.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Southcoast

Thank you for your response. 

Unfortunately, the screenshot that you uploaded did not appear. You may need to drag and drop the screenshot into your response in order for it to upload. 

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Let me try again.

[Edited Screenshot to Remove Sensitive Info]
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Let me try again.

[Edited Screenshot to Remove Sensitive Info]
    Hello @Southcoast,   

I am sorry that the resolution for this issue remains unclear, as of now. Thank you, however, for keeping in contact with us and providing additional information and screenshots.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding accounts associated with USAA and connection issues that may be relevant in this situation. I am providing a link to a discussion, below, that can be followed for additional updates: 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7906227/ongoing-3-17-22-usaa-federal-savings-bank-cc-502-102-and-cc-800#latest

Further, I recommend that you submit logs by navigating to Help > Report a problem... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. This will contribute to the ongoing investigation of this problem in the form of providing much-needed documentation.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Quicken Jared. Report sent to Quicken as requested. I know USAA does not play well with others in this regard, but why is a resolution to this problem taking so long? [Removed - Speculation]
    Regards,
    JIM SODEN
  • BLN
    BLN Member
    I have this same problem with my credit card with USAA, Error Code: BID=67811. I have to manually update this account. My checking account updates fine.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    BLN said:
    I have this same problem with my credit card with USAA, Error Code: BID=67811. I have to manually update this account. My checking account updates fine.
    Hello @BLN,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with BID errors affecting your USAA accounts. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this matter. 

Firstly, are you making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), firewalls, antivirus software, or pop-up blockers? Occasionally these programs can cause connection issues that result in error messages of the kind you are describing. It may be necessary to remove these or turn them off.

Next, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show "(File Name Will Be Displayed Here)" in Finder in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. 

Lastly, be sure to check your online profile on USAA's website for any notifications regarding third-party access for online banking services. There may be a spot in your profile where permissions must be set so that Quicken can access your online account information.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jared: Further to my situation, I can download transactions at (very) random times. Sync Error BID=67811 shows anyway. USAA does not ask me for a security password. Link to discussion noted in response to BLN dated 30 March says problem is resolved. Indeed it is not.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Southcoast,

Thank you for your response, I am sorry to hear that this error is not resolved for you. 

Could you please create a test file and add the USAA account(s) to see if the same error occurs? You can create a test file by going to File>New>Start from Scratch. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    Jasmine--Been through that many times. When will Quicken resolve this issue? Anyone else out there have any ideas? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I always get the BID=67811 error.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Southcoast,

Thank you for your response. We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

-Quicken Jasmine

• rodmar1
    rodmar1 Member ✭✭
    So is there a definitive resolution for the USAA credit card (my checking account is fine) not updating?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    I think Quicken should escalate this high enough to solve the problem. This has been going on far too long without resolution.
  • 671DCA
    671DCA Member ✭✭
    I am having a problem downloading CC Accounts from USAA as well. Quicken "claims" that the last connection - just run- was a successful connection with 0 new transactions downloaded. There are updated transactions in these credit card accounts but they are NOT transferring. This issue has now gone on for several days. There are NO error codes since quicken seems to thick all went well. Nothing on the account has changed in the last 2 days. Where do I go from here?
  • jcricket73
    jcricket73 Member ✭✭
    I'm having this same issue - and I've been ignoring all the suggestions to start data files from scratch, reconnect to USAA, etc - no matter how many times you do that it doesn't fix the problem and it's a lot of hassle. This is clearly a USAA/Quicken issue, not a user issue.

For me the "Error code: BID=67811" error has been showing up for weeks, but I've been ignoring it and everything was downloading fine. Now for 5 days my USAA checking, savings accounts download, but my credit card doesn't. No other error is visible. Every other institution (Amex, Schwab, Fidelity) works fine.
  • norvanl62
    norvanl62 Member ✭✭
    Going to add that I am also having this problem with USAA. My checking and savings update without issue, but I have no updates on my checking account since Apr 10. There are no errors in this process, it just doesn't update. I attempted to deactivate/reactivate, however the link provided in the Quicken software "Get Access ID and PIN" yields the response,
    "{
    "error": "invalid_request",
    "error_description": "Validation error"
    }"
    from the USAA api. Clearly, there is an issue between Quicken and USAA which needs resolution.
  • evidelock
    evidelock Member ✭✭
    Same here on Quicken for Mac. Connection is good but nothing downloads.
  • Andrew B
    Andrew B Member ✭✭✭
    Same here. Nothing downloaded from CC since April 9. No error messages or anything, just no new transactions.
  • 671DCA
    671DCA Member ✭✭
    Spoke with USAA IT yesterday. After the usual advice, reconnect, etc. still no transactions download from my CC accounts. Timing is the same as the posts above, nothing since 10 Apr. Ticket opened with USAA since they agreed that all looks fine on the Quicken end. I suggest you all call USAA IT with your version of the issue. The more the merrier, maybe USAA IT will respond. Frankly looks like USAA IT put in a "patch" over the weekend of 9/10 April without much testing and we are on the short end.
  • jamesdn
    jamesdn Member ✭✭
    This definitely appears to be a USAA problem. I checked on several other financial app forums and people there are reporting the same problem. USAA strikes again!
  • SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I too have the issue, Direct Connect stopped on all USAA accounts including saving and checking. Quicken said completed but nothing came down, and it did not show the direct connect date stamp up on the left. I refreshed one of the accounts, checking i think and it then pulled down all the accounts as completed, and then showed the direct connect date stamp in the top left. Savings updated entries but the Credit Cards did not. I am going to ask for a refund on Quicken because now I am having to manually reconcile the USAA accounts and I am really done with Quicken problems. Other accounts at other institutions have issues too sometimes, and the ONLY reason I have Quicken is to make a one click upload on all account. [Removed - Rant]
  • SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    Resolved for me. There is a web page at USAA, I have no idea how to get to it but I have stumbled onto it while troubleshooting for the third or fourth time in the last couple years. On that page there is a button that says, "Quicken is trying to connect ..." and you have to click it to allow and then everything starts working again. I don't know why but periodically USAA turns off the connection, in which case one gets all sorts of errors.
  • 671DCA
    671DCA Member ✭✭
    Resolved for me with NO action taken at my end, obviously a USAA IT fix. For SGK above the button you are addressing in your post is on your USAA Profile screen I believe.
    What's interesting for me is that although all of the transactions did download, the "summary Box" that appears at the end of the download session indicating the status and results of each account interaction, shows all connections were successful but indicates 0 transactions were downloaded for the USAA CC accounts even though transactions were actually downloaded.
  • 671DCA
    671DCA Member ✭✭
    WOOPS! I guess I spoke too Soon! Again this morning Quicken connected to USAA with a result of o transactions downloaded, except each CC had one cleared transaction to download which DID NOT. I guess I'll call USAA IT to make sure they don't thick the problem is solved!
This discussion has been closed.