Downloading Best Buy Citibank Transactions

This discussion was created from comments split from: Best Buy Credit Issue.

Comments

• bawagnerr
    bawagnerr Member
    The Best Buy Citi bank card only has xls, csv, and tab delimited (.TXT) format available to download statements. Does this mean that the only way to enter Best Buy Citi bank transactions is to manual download them?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    bawagnerr said:
    The Best Buy Citi bank card only has xls, csv, and tab delimited (.TXT) format available to download statements. Does this mean that the only way to enter Best Buy Citi bank transactions is to manual download them?
    Hello @bawagnerr,

Thank you for asking about the subject of downloadable file formats here on the Quicken Community.

Generally, you will require files of the .QFX extension in order to be able to download and import transaction information directly into Quicken. When you refer to a 'manual download,' what process are you describing, exactly?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I believe bawagnerr is referring to having to update Quicken manually with each credit card transaction instead of having the system do it automatically. I have the same question/issue with Citi/Home Depot.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I believe bawagnerr is referring to having to update Quicken manually with each credit card transaction instead of having the system do it automatically. I have the same question/issue with Citi/Home Depot.
    Hello @gordonajohns

I am sorry to hear that you are also being affected by this issue with updating your accounts. Thank you for seeking further information and providing your own experience here in this Quicken Community discussion.

Regarding your Citibank and Citi card accounts, there is a current Open Alert regarding connectivity issues in association with this financial institution that may related to the situation you are describing. This may be of interest to @bawagnerr, as well. I recommend following the thread linked here for additional information and any available updates.

Regarding the available file formats for downloading and importing transactions, it would be necessary to reach out to the support line of Citibank as this is provided through their website. I recommend requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team when doing so, as these personnel are more likely to be familiar with third-party software. 

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.