Meaning of "FI is inactive.

Options
RKN
RKN Member
Our smallish credit union recently did a complete online update. Prior to that I easily downloaded transactions. Now I get a message on my Mac, "The FI is inactive." Is the problem on my end or the credit union?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @RKN,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

Could you please provide the full name of the financial institution in question as well as which connection type you are using to connect (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect)? Aside from the error message, does there also happen to be any error code(s) associated with the message that you could provide us with here, please?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RKN
    RKN Member
    Options
    Hi, Anja. The institution is Lafayette Federal Credit Union. I am going from the credit union back to Quicken, downloading a QFX file. The file downloads, but the error message (no code) comes when I try to open the file.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that your bank?
    According to the "zzz-" prefix in the above entry (from the List of Supported Financial Institutions), your FCU no longer supports Quicken at all, no download from within Quicken, no qfx file import, nothing.
    You will have to talk to the upper management of the CU to make them reinstate Quicken support.

• RKN
    RKN Member
    Options
    Yes, that's it! Thank you so much. It appears we lost the connection with the new online portal. I'll address it with management. :)
This discussion has been closed.