"Report a Problem" Crashes Quicken

EllisGJ
EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
Ironically, the "Report a Problem to Quicken" function in Quicken crashes Quicken (version R39.23, build 27.1.39.23, Windows 11 Pro).

I uninstalled Quicken completely (using Revo Uninstaller Pro) and reinstalled - same problem.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @EllisGJ,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What occurs when attempting to report a problem? Do you receive any error codes or messages? 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error that you described? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    When I click Send Problem Report to Quicken, one of two things happens: 1) Quicken briefly displays the Problem Report dialog and then crashes to the desktop; or 2) the dialog is displayed, I am able to complete the dialog form, I click the Send to Quicken button, and then Quicken is frozen. I can't tell if the report was sent or not. I am forced to use Windows Task Manager to close Quicken.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @EllisGJ,

Thank you for providing more information and a screenshot. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to Report a Problem to see if it produces the same error. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    In my case, the Report a Problem, will take over 20 minutes to send. Not every time, but most times. Seems if I attach a screenshot, it takes longer. And I never attach the data file - Just logs.
  • Randy 415
    Now I get a "Unable to send" error. 
  • Randy 415
    yup. still happening. "Unable to send report to quicken."
This discussion has been closed.