Can you archive an investment account that has been previously archived?

Options
I have a few very active accounts and would like to know if I can repeat the archving operation multiple times and is subsequent archiving would use the existing "archived" account to store zero balance positions?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can CLOSE as many investment accounts as you like...  but like any/all  other account closures in Q, this process isn't reversible.  So, I only close accounts in Q after they're closed in real life.
    Is that what you mean by "archived"?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been curious about this as well. I am not in a position to try it right now, but it sounds like you are, @Rafi Schwartz .
    Maybe you could try it in a COPY of your data file and report back?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rafi Schwartz
    Rafi Schwartz Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don’t want to close an account but rather ‘archive’ positions with a zero holdings , a stock that has been sold and is no longer in the account. Given the high volume of trading in certain accounts, I would like to repeat the process 2-3 times a year and my question is whether all archived positions throughout will go to a single ‘archive’ account?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understood your question. I believe the answer is "nobody knows and it's not documented." So I suggest you simply try it in a copy of your file and see what happens.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have played with this a few times.  Every time you run archive it is going to create another account.  But what you can do is after running the second archive, use the Move Transactions to move those transactions from that second archive account to the first archive account, and delete the second archive account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.