Download Issue with Charles Schwab

This discussion was created from comments split from: Continued issues with Downloading Charles Schwab activity.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report the issues experienced with Charles Schwab, though we apologize for the trouble.

Due to the volume of this issue, we currently need more customers to call Quicken Support directly by phone to effectively get these issues documented and escalated as contacting support will also create tickets for each contact made which helps with better tracking.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• hcrow2
    hcrow2 Member ✭✭
    I just spent 3 hours with Quicken support for 5th time since November - now a total of 15 hours. We cannot download data from 4 of my 9 Schwab accounts, and having gotten some transaction data once we cannot do it a second time for the few accounts that we can. I have an up-to-date Quicken Premium running on windows10, and have the latest update 30.80. The Quicken support person says the are no know problems with Schwab ( I don't believe her), We are now past 3 months and Quicken, after over 20 years has become non-functional to me. This is really heartbreaking as I rely on it for all my tax data and daily investment performance summaries.
  • Stunan18
    Stunan18 Member
    I have the same issues. I haven't been able to download transactions since 11/15/2021
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    hcrow2 said:
    I just spent 3 hours with Quicken support for 5th time since November - now a total of 15 hours. We cannot download data from 4 of my 9 Schwab accounts, and having gotten some transaction data once we cannot do it a second time for the few accounts that we can. I have an up-to-date Quicken Premium running on windows10, and have the latest update 30.80. The Quicken support person says the are no know problems with Schwab ( I don't believe her), We are now past 3 months and Quicken, after over 20 years has become non-functional to me. This is really heartbreaking as I rely on it for all my tax data and daily investment performance summaries.
    Hello @hcrow2

I apologize for any distress caused by this problem with transaction downloads. Thank you for speaking with us about this issue on the Quicken Community. 

Just so I am clear, it sounds as though this issue began three months ago, correct? Have you been saving backups regularly? Just to reiterate: this can be done anytime by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that there are backups available, would it be possible to restore to a backup saved just prior to when this problem began affecting your accounts? You can do this by going into the same menu and navigating to File > Restore a Backup File. In this way, we could preserve a greater degree of the data from this file.

I hope to hear back from you regarding this issue, and I intend to continue working with you on this problem here in this discussion.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • merrillk
    merrillk Member
    edited March 2022
    I have the same issues and have been for months. My Schwab Bank downloads transactions but not balances so I have to reconcile the account manually. My Schwab Investment accounts (6), after running One Step Update, tells me that transactions have been downloaded, but nothing gets updated to my registers. Balances have not been updated since 12/14/2021. Quicken support gives me no information as to when the problems will be resolved. [Removed - Rant]
  • jeanlaster
    jeanlaster Member
    edited March 2022
    Have used Quicken since its inception. The updates downloaded from Schwab set up a new account with a new name after authorizing instead of updating my brokerage account as before. There seems no way to synchronize the account and there is no qxf file to allow transferring the transactions. I am using version 86.30. [Removed - Solicitation]
  • Jim Dellinger
    Jim Dellinger Member ✭✭
    I am having a similar problem. Went back to an old backup. Same problem. Transactions are no longer downloading. HELP!
  • psteinhardt
    psteinhardt Member
    still having problems when i do one step update - the transactions from schwab download but not the account balances so I cannot reconcile
  • kemphs
    kemphs Member
    Is someone at Quicken listening??!! This is a major problem that just came out of nowhere after one of the Quicken updates!!!!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report the issues experienced with Charles Schwab, though we apologize for the trouble.

Due to the volume of this issue, we currently need more customers to call Quicken Support directly by phone to effectively get these issues documented and escalated as contacting support will also create tickets for each contact made which helps with better tracking.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Clearly these issues with Charles Schwab are NOT resolved.

I did a chat with customer support last week. Following the Reps instructions, I disabled and re-enabled all my Charles Schwab accounts. In the end, all my Charles Schwab accounts were completely inaccurate. I again spent hours re-entering info to re-establish the accounts and fixing the account data.

So, here is what I’m experiencing…

Charles Schwab downloads NOT processing through Quicken correctly during One Step Update.

One Step Update downloads previous day’s transactions. The Downloaded Transactions window shows New transactions. When clicking to Accept the downloads, an account Reconciliation window opens (…although something is wrong with the window as it does not show what the available buttons are for??) and wants “Statement ending date”, “prior cash balance”, and “new cash balance” as if I were wanting to reconcile an end of month statement rather than just doing a mid-month / daily One Step Update. If you click on the wrong unmarked button in the reconciliation window the next window that opens shows a significant error in the account difference lines between the cleared balance and statement ending balance…(what statement!? as it is only mid-month).

When accepting the Quicken suggested fix to enter the balance adjustment the result is that Account cash balance drops to $0.00 but Quicken reports the account balanced.

So, this it totally wrong. What is occurring to fix this? This issue with Charles Schwab has been occurring for months.
  • Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Charles Schwab downloads saga continues. Slightly different symptom to report today.

The daily download transaction today included a Schwab Gov’t Money Fund sold transaction. Quicken reported this as New and needing review action. Quicken then reported this transaction as a “Recording a short transaction”. Quicken then opened an end-of-month statement cash reconciliation window…but, again, this was a daily / mid-month One Step Update download only. At this point, if you don’t click on the correct, unmarked button (which probably is the “cancel” button)…well standby to go down a rabbit hole to more confusion to figure out what to do.
  • Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    If you've gotten this far in this thread… Look at your Schwab accounts in Quicken to see if your issue seems to involve Schwab Government Money Fund (SWGXX) transactions. If so, leave this thread and go to the thread entitled “Schwab and Cash versus SWGXX”.

In short, the fix for me was to follow the recommendation to delete Schwab Government Money Fund transactions that show up in OSU downloads. After doing that, my Quicken accounts matched my Schwab accounts. If you have been chasing this problem since you last reconciled your account(s) and made any changes/adjustments it's perhaps best to do this starting immediately after you next reconcile the account(s) following your next end-of-month statement. But if you can’t wait, try to get it to match and if it does not, add another placehold to fix the error, get it to match with Schwab (this is what I did, and it worked) and then follow the delete recommendation above from then on. And then let’s hope this is the end of the problem…until Quicken and Schwab “fix” the problem (or us) again…

That said, I saw another thread regarding Quicken, Schwab Government Money Fund (SWGXX) and Schwab Value Advantage Money Market Fund (SWVXX) that indicate the issue was fix with a recent Quicken update, but I have the most recent Quicken update (39.23) installed and my problem continued. Neither did I see the warning or recommended step to accept these type transactions as cash. I have no idea why I'm not seeing what the newest update is supposed to show.
  • mikey
    mikey Member ✭✭
    After updating to the latest qwindows release, my Schwab accounts no longer update. This has been going on for about 5 days now. The one step summary says it has updated successfully, but always zero transactions are downloaded and the last update date never changes. Hesitant to reset the connections after the problems with the schwab migration earlier in the year. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Roberta C
    Roberta C Member
    My Schwab Accounts transactions download on the updates but my balances do not match my balances on the Schwab webpage for those accounts. How can I fix this problem? A support person walked me through a fix a few months ago but the balances are not right again.
  • kirishian
    kirishian Member
    I am still having the problem of being unable to download Schwab investment transactions. Has anybody come across a solution?
  • tvpluta
    tvpluta Member ✭✭
    I'd suggest you call Quicken support, 650 250-1900, doesn't take long to get through to someone. Have had success talking with someone. We've had a number of issues going back to 11/21, most are resolved. One issue remains, we have 2 Schwab accounts with the last 3 digits, doing the one step update it records transactions from one of the accounts into the incorrect account. They don't have a fix for it yet, they say they are working on it.

What may be helpful to you is having someone walk you through how to deactivate and reactivate your Schwab accounts. I've stopped doing the one step update and do the de/reactivate every time I want to update our Schwab accounts. This is the only way for us to get transactions into the correct account.
This discussion has been closed.