Synovus not recognizing login

Synovus just updated their mobile app. Wondering if they also changed their Quicken interface. Can access account via web but account no longer updates in Quicken - says it doesn't recognize login info. Anyone else having that problem?

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

We do now have a New Active Alert regarding errors with Synovus. 

You may follow this link to view the alert and you may bookmark the alert to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolution that may transpire. 

We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @TCL Peter Rabbit,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Synovus account(s) not updating. 

What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Help > About Quicken. Are you able to log in to the Synovus website using your account information? Do you receive any sort of error code or message when performing a One Step Update or individual account update?

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Synovus account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• dhjonesiv
    dhjonesiv Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with Synovus and trying Jasmine's work around did not work either
  • pje01
    pje01 Member ✭✭
    I am also having the same problem with Synovus accounts.
  • LC49
    LC49 Member ✭✭
    Also having log in problem with Synovus account. Deactivated online connection. Download setup reports incorrect password. Log in to web page is fine with same credentials.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JDAviator
    JDAviator Member ✭✭
    As of this morning, this appears to be fixed. I was able to link my Synovus accounts to Quicken again via MySynovus sign in credentials.
  • I agree. Problem seems to be fixed.
  • pecabo
    pecabo Member
    Mine is still not linking.
  • I'm having the same issue. after I attempt to log in it says that the username & password are not recognized. I go to web and use the same credentials and I'm able to connect there, but not through Quicken
  • JDAviator
    JDAviator Member ✭✭
    I agree. As of this morning, it seems to be broken again. I'm going to give it a day or two and see if they can't get it figured out.
  • Agre. Broken again.
  • Emilyb30
    Emilyb30 Member
    not working
  • gulf83
    gulf83 Member ✭✭
    still not resolved 4/24/22
  • Emilyb30
    Emilyb30 Member
    still not fixed 4/24/22
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community, though I apologize that you are still experiencing issues with Synovus.

Our systems indicate that this has been resolved for the vast majority of users connecting with Synovus and that a fix has been implemented. However, if you are still experiencing an issue after it was marked resolved, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files and may be required to file an escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Emilyb30
    Emilyb30 Member
    Still not working...sent report
  • same here - CC-503 continuing problem, report sent.
  • JDAviator
    JDAviator Member ✭✭
    Report sent from here.
  • bbc8bcp@comcast.net
    bbc8bcp@comcast.net Unconfirmed, Member
    I am having same issue. It appeared to be resolved for a few days, but l was last able to download transactions on 4/19
  • Carolann
    Carolann Member
    Still having the same issue. April 19 also my last download. Quicken, please open this back up - it's clearly not "resolved".
  • Abc 123
    Abc 123 Member ✭✭
    Synovus not working for me either.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to join this discussion thread and for letting us know that you are still experiencing these issues with Synovus. 

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated and to work on this alert being reopened. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation, you may title your report as: "Synovus- Ticket #9398602/CTP-3630".

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• dmtull
    dmtull Member
    Synovus problem still happening. It resolved for a few days and started up again last Friday. Not able to connect via the Quicken App on my Mac but my Synovus online banking works.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

We do now have a New Active Alert regarding errors with Synovus. 

You may follow this link to view the alert and you may bookmark the alert to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolution that may transpire. 

We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• pkboucher
    pkboucher Member
    Also has been failing for me for several days now. I spoke with Synovus support about it and they seemed certain the the problem is ob Quicken's side (the web username/password should work).
  • Emilyb30
    Emilyb30 Member
    Same as above. Synovus Website password username works fine just not on Quicken. I am using a Mac
  • Issue has not been resolved for me either. Report sent yesterday with results. I've tried different options for Synovus and all give me an error.
  • Emilyb30
    Emilyb30 Member
    Still not working this morning. Sent another report
  • Emilyb30
    Emilyb30 Member
    Any update??
This discussion has been closed.