• btrcane
    btrcane Member ✭✭✭
    seems to be a buffering problem
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    btrcane said:
    seems to be a buffering problem
    Hello @btrcane

I am sorry to hear about this issue with slow performance. Thank you for drawing our attention to this matter here on the Quicken Community.

You said you noticed this problem beginning last week; would it be possible to restore from a backup saved just prior to that point? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. If this has been done regularly, there should be a recent backup that can be restored by going to File > Restore a Backup File... I am curious to know whether or not this slow 'buffering' continues if and when a backup is restored.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.  

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • btrcane
    btrcane Member ✭✭✭
    old file no slow buffering
  • Quicken Jared
    btrcane said:
    old file no slow buffering
    Hello @btrcane

I appreciate you reaching out to me once again and providing updates about what is happening. I am also glad to hear that the slow loading times seem to have ceased in the restored backup file. 

I recommend operating with this restored backup as your primary data file going forward. Be sure to continue to save backups often for future use.

I hope this has been helpful, and feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • btrcane
    btrcane Member ✭✭✭
    the most recent backup files less than 1 week old have the same problem i have to go back beyond the most recent release to get most problems answered
  • Quicken Jared
    edited April 2022
    btrcane said:
    the most recent backup files less than 1 week old have the same problem i have to go back beyond the most recent release to get most problems answered
    Hello @btrcane

Thank you for bringing me further details about the situation. I am sorry if I misunderstood what was happening, and that this problem seems to, in fact, continue after restoring from a backup.

Another option left to us is to uninstall the Quicken software and then reinstall it, as this can be a useful step in dealing with the symptoms you are describing. You can consult the Support Articles listed here and here for greater detail about the proper method of uninstalling and reinstalling the software. 

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • btrcane
    btrcane Member ✭✭✭
    I talked with a rep who viewed my screen we discontinued cloud and mobile services. This did help speed somewhat but is still slower than before.
  • btrcane
    btrcane Member ✭✭✭
    restarted quicken went back to 39.xx no problems back to normal will not go to 40.13 until all clear given
This discussion has been closed.