PayPal connection - Nothing works anymore

grantcv1
grantcv1 Member ✭✭
Sometime late in 2021 my PayPal connection stopped working. In trying to fix the problem, I disconnected from PayPal and attempted to reconnect.

When I try to reestablish a connection, I get a CC-508 error stating that there is likely a popup on the PayPal that I must accept in order to reestablish the connection. However, there is no such popup on the PayPal website.

I've verified that my password is correct and I am actually connecting to PayPal -- that's not the problem. It's just that PayPal is refusing to go any further.

In researching this problem, I see that this was a problem in mid 2021. At that time, PayPal denied that the problem was on their side and eventually the problem was fixed by Quicken (apparently). But now the problem is back.

I have verified that I have the latest release of Quicken and I have cleared all temporary Internet files as recommended by the Quicken troubleshooting guide. The problem persists.

As a workaround, I tried to download the transactions as a QIF file as PayPal provides. This file looks fine and I can import all the transactions into my PayPal account -- except that the amounts are missing.

Comments

• grantcv1
    grantcv1 Member ✭✭
    In further debugging the problem, I've discovered that the splits provided in the QIF downloaded from PayPal causes the Payment/Deposit entries to import as blank even though the "T" amount is specified in the QIF entries. I removed all lines starting with L, S, and $ from the QIF file and now I can import the amounts.

I'm a software developer -- that should not be a qualification to get software as old and established as Quicken is to get working. It's this sort of nonsense that zero's out the market for an application.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @grantcv1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with Paypal. 

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. 

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• kpardon
    kpardon Member ✭✭
    Any updates on when this issue will be resolved?
  • I am having a similar issue with my Paypal and Paypal (branded Synchrony Bank) credit card accounts - neither is working. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I can find but Paypal isn't downloading transactions, and now it says it can't connect to Synchrony Bank at all.
  • Chip
    Chip Member ✭✭
    Pay pal is not updating. I've reset the account, deactivated and reactivated the account. Nothing works.
    Same problem with PNC Bank. I've finally completely deactivated PNC and figured out how to balance the account manually. I think Quicken has gotten worse since Intuit spun it off. I think Quicken is adding too many features at one time.
  • Bonnie217
    Bonnie217 Member ✭✭
    agree

version R53.26 Build 27.1.53.26. I'm running Classic Premier on Windows 10

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Chip said:
    Pay pal is not updating. I've reset the account, deactivated and reactivated the account. Nothing works.
    Same problem with PNC Bank. I've finally completely deactivated PNC and figured out how to balance the account manually. I think Quicken has gotten worse since Intuit spun it off. I think Quicken is adding too many features at one time.
    Hello @Chip

I am sorry to hear about these ongoing problems with updates. Thank you for looking to this Quicken Community discussion for information and assistance.

Currently, there is an Open Alert for PNC Bank and account connection issues, as well as an Open Alert for Paypal and missing transactions; both of these may be relevant to the situation you are describing. You can follow the discussion threads linked here and here for further details and any possible updates.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.