Best Buy Credit Issue

For the past several weeks, I have been consistently getting a message that one or more of my accounts have been deleted, and that I need to re-add my account(s). I only have one Best Buy Credit account, and it is an active account. I have deactivated several times and added it back, only to get the same error message (CC-800) again.

What is the problem, and when is Quicken going to fix it? This is getting ridiculous!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @RCollie5309,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are also experiencing this error and I do understand how frustrating this can be. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Best Buy Credit account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'll pick up this discussion because I've started having the same exact problem.
    First of all, I did create a test file and it does NOT have the problem.
    Things I've tried with the original file:
    Validate and repair doesn't fix the problem.
    Deactivating then adding the account back seems to be successful (I get an Account Added dialog with a green check mark, saying "Downloaded transactions from the last 2320 days."). But when I repeat the Update Now, I get the same CC-800 error.
    QWin R39.23 Windows 10

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @MHSwizzleStick,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, we'd recommend following the error-specific instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-800. However, if the issue still continues to persist after performing the steps, then as stated at the bottom of the article, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Did you try a SuperValidate?  It doesn't fix everything, either, but it's  worth the try ... particularly since we know that the  problem is your data file and not Q itself (since the test file worked).
    To do a SuperValidate, hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys from the time you click "Validate and Repair" until you see the words "SuperValidating".  BUT 1st, take a backup before you start this.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. As you might have guessed, Super Validate didn't fix the issue.
    I did try one more thing. Instead of deactivating and adding the account, I DELETED then added the account. I'm not getting the CC-800 error anymore so I'm satisfied with that.
    (Note that before deleting the account, I tried deactivating it and then adding it as a NEW account instead of linking it to the existing account. The new account also got the CC-800 error.)

This discussion has been closed.