Quicken Update

iewagner30
iewagner30 Member ✭✭
After One Step Updating - Transaction "Accept All", "Accept", "Delete" and "Finish Later" buttons are not working. Just started a couple days ago. Any ideas?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @iewagner30,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kimbwood
    kimbwood Member ✭✭
    Hello, I am having the same issue on Quicken Deluxe version R39.23. I followed the steps for validation and super validation, but it did not help. The buttons for accepting the transactions appear enabled, but when you mouse over, they do not change color like other enabled buttons and the click does not work. Also, I was unable to backup my file because the Next button in the backup assistant also stopped working. Please advise.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @kimbwood,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion with details about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kimbwood
    kimbwood Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,
    Thank you for the quick response. I tried reinstalling, but that did not resolve the issue. I encountered a similar issue in the installation process, where I could not click on buttons, but I could tab to them and click enter, so I did manage to get the install to complete.

I have found a work-around, but it is not very convenient. In the pending transactions section, when you click the Tab key, you cannot tell which button is selected (if any). However, if you click a pending transaction and select the Enter key, it will Accept the transaction. This does not work if you need to delete, however. Maybe the Delete key would work for that... I'm not sure because I don't need to delete anything, so I don't want to try it. After accepting all of my transactions individually, the pending transactions grid does not clear, and I cannot click on the Done button, but if I run the Transaction Update again, it will clear the grid.

Hopefully, you guys can reproduce on your end and provide a solution.
    Thanks,
    Kim
  • Microluck
    Microluck Member
    Using release R40.21 I am having the same issue. I have validated my file and still cannot click the Accept/Accept All/Delete/Done buttons after a one step update. Furthermore, I cannot change the cleared/reconciled toggle on a register entry on the affected accounts.
  • Brian1139
    Brian1139 Member
    Same problem for me on release R40.21. Hard to believe a bug this obvious got through QA.
This discussion has been closed.