Online Setup with Wrong Currency [Q Win Canada, Scotiabank]

I am trying to set up my accounts using multiple currencies (US and Cdn $) and when I try to add Canadian accounts from a Canadian Bank, the accounts are always set up as US$ accounts. I am using the Canadian Version of Quicken.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Sionnain,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with the currency of your account. 

What financial institution are you trying to set up that is causing this error?

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Sionnain,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with the currency of your account. 

What financial institution are you trying to set up that is causing this error?

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Sionnain
    Sionnain Member
    the problem is with Scotiabank
  • Brian Wolfe
    Brian Wolfe Member
    I'm having the same issue with a scotiabank mortgage
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, Lets see if this works.
    1. Click HELP, Log files, OFX Log. That shows what was contained in ALL of your downloads for the  past few days.
    2. Save that to your desktop and open it with NotePad or WordPad (NOT MS Word).
    3. Click the FIND icon  up there on the  Icon bar (or, just do CTRL-F) and search for scotiabank.
    4. THEN, search from that point for the characters CURDEF. 
    5. The value  immediately after that HTML tag will tell  you what currency Scotiabank is sending.

What did you find?"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is an ongoing problem with Scotiabank:
    https://community.quicken.com/post/quote/7910923/Discussion_7910923
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.