How can I buy Quicken living overseas?

SabateAM
SabateAM Member
edited May 2022 in Before you Buy
I have Quicken 2017 Windows, it's really cumbersome using it without having the last update.
And, how can I update it living overseas? I can't pay for it!!

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SabateAM, unfortunately in order to get any updates from Quicken, you would need to purchase a newer version as Quicken 2017 is unsupported.  From there, you should be able to install an updated version however please keep in mind Quicken only works with US & Canadian financial institutions. I do apologize that you're experiencing this problem please let me know if you have further questions! :)
    Thanks,
    -Quicken Jade 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Here's the list of available patches for Q2017.  http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2017-patches.html
    You can see what you're running by doing HELP, About Quicken.  And QuicknPerlWiz regularly posts the program updates when they go into full release.  He's a former SuperUser, and gets referrals from the Mods here also.  And his program updates are free.
    RE: purchasing. How do you hope to buy anything from anyone if you can't pay for it?  And, why not?
    BTW, only US and CDN banks support download into Q. No banks outside there.  SO, even if you purchase a newer product, you won't be able to download data into it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    SabateAM said:
    I have Quicken 2017 Windows, it's really cumbersome using it without having the last update.
    And, how can I update it living overseas? I can't pay for it!!
    The real question here is what is “cumbersome”.  If you want download transactions yes you need the latest supported very, but you also need financial institution in the US or Canadian (and in the case of Quicken Windows you have decide on which of those because Quicken Windows US and Quicken Windows Canadian don’t allow for download for the “other country”.).

If the one can be satisfied with something in between, like downloading a Excel/CSV/OFX/QIF file and converting to QIF to import it, and you are using Quicken Windows (Quicken Mac doesn’t support QIF importing) then you can use my free program ImportQIF which you can find on the same one that @NotACPA pointed out for the Quicken patches.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.