Just did the Quicken version update and now my Canadian Tire MasterCard File won't load transactions

Qkn1234
Qkn1234 Member
Does anyone know if Canadian Tire has updated their version of the file to be compatible with current Quicken version?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Qkn1234
    Qkn1234 Member
    here is the error message I am receiving <<Unable to read the selected Web Connect file>>
  • DMThom
    DMThom Member
    Have not been able to download Canadian Tire Mastercard for a couple of days now.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    DMThom said:
    Have not been able to download Canadian Tire Mastercard for a couple of days now.
    Hello @DMThom

I am sorry to hear about this issue with transaction downloads. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance and discussion. 

What error codes, if any, are you seeing when trying to download transactions? Also, are you noticing this difficulty when attempting to download transactions from the Canadian Tire Mastercard website, or this issue taking place when trying to import the QFX files into Quicken? Lastly, when you are downloading QFX files, are you seeing that the downloads are empty (e.g. files that are 0kb in size)?

I look forward to your responses, and hope to work with you on this going forward, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • DMThom
    DMThom Member
    OL-221-A & B and I was sent this link https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-ol-220-ol-221-ol-222-ol-223-ol-224-ol-225-or-ol-226-when-using-online-services by Quicken Help
  • DMThom
    DMThom Member
    Did not read all your questions. Downloads a QFX file directly from the CT website but get that error when I try to open. Normal size files. Both Canadian Tire and TD Easyweb used to download directly into Quicken but now I have to click on the QFX file in Downloads. However TD opens.
  • LoyalUser1
    LoyalUser1 Member
    I am now receiving "Quicken is unable to complete your request" [OL-221-B] the file is downloaded from the Triangle website but Quicken will not update. All other banks etc. download without issues. Any solutions?
  • LoyalUser1
    LoyalUser1 Member
    This issue taking place when trying to import the QFX files into Quicken.
  • JDep
    JDep Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    No problem downloading the "quicken" file from Canadian Tire MasterCard however, Quicken won't load the data. Here is the error message I am getting:

Unable to read the selected Web Connect file. (please contact your financial institution). I was able to get the file from CT, it's Quicken that won't load it in. Cooincidently, I just did a Quicken program update yesterday. Prior to that I had no issues with CT data files.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    DMThom said:
    Did not read all your questions. Downloads a QFX file directly from the CT website but get that error when I try to open. Normal size files. Both Canadian Tire and TD Easyweb used to download directly into Quicken but now I have to click on the QFX file in Downloads. However TD opens.
    @DMThom

Thank you for reaching out to me again and providing such detailed answers to my earlier questions. I do apologize that this issue remains ongoing.

Given that other possible causes of this issue seem to be ruled out, based on your description of this issue, the next clearest course of action is to reach out to Canadian Tire support regarding issues with the QFX file itself. I recommend requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as they are more likely to possess knowledge of third-party software, like Quicken. You can read more about the error message you are seeing in the Support Article linked here

@LoyalUser1, I apologize that you seem to be affected by a similar issue. Are you also noticing these same errors with respect to Canadian Tire accounts? I want to make a note of how many users are experiencing problems with QFX downloads in association with this specific financial institution to forward to the proper channels. 

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you using Firefox as your browser?
    If so, there has been a recent change in Firefox. You need to review the browser's Settings and, under "Applications", change the default for Quicken OFX data files to "Use Quicken Windows" instead of "Always ask" or "Save File".

• JDep
    JDep Member ✭✭
    I am using Safari for Mac and/or Google
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDep said:
    I am using Safari for Mac and/or Google
    Thanks for chiming in. I was directing my answer to another user's question in this thread. He/she's a Quicken for Windows user and downloads QFX files via the web browser ("now I have to click on the QFX file in Downloads.")
    IMHO, this specific question could be considered answered.
    If, however, you're still having issues with the content of a downloaded QFX file causing processing errors ...

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. It may be necessary to escalate this problem to Intuit, the download service provider, for resolution.

Quicken Support:

• Garrett1972
    Garrett1972 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue for the past few days as well and I'm on the Windows version so it appears it might be on Canadian Tire's side.
  • Don Klein
    Don Klein Member
    I have same issue with Quicken Deluxe Windows version.
    I download the QFX file from Canadian Tire MC site and receive error.
    Quicken is unable to complete your request. OL-221-A. OL-221-B also appears.
    I have an older QFX file from Oct 7th which works fine but since a download from Apr 26th the error is there.

I contacted Canadian Tire MC support - tier 2 and they have some other reports and they are investigating.
    That's all I could get from them but no commitment for resolution.
    I am only assuming the problem is at their end at this point and hoping for resolution sooner than later.
    Cheers
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JDep
    JDep Member ✭✭
    has there been any updates on this matter? I tried to load the CT file again last night and receiving the same error message.

Thanks!
    Jen
  • Garrett1972
    Garrett1972 Member ✭✭
    It worked for my yesterday finally on the Windows version.
  • JDep
    JDep Member ✭✭
    Great news @Garrett1972. Still waiting for the Mac fix :)
  • Garrett1972
    Garrett1972 Member ✭✭
    Too bad, I would have thought it was universal since the download file isn't Mac or Windows specific, there was a formatting issue in the download file that can even be manually changed in notepad if you need to, perhaps the fix on Triangle/Canadian Tire is being rolled out to users.
This discussion has been closed.