Running Balance in Quicken on the Web

Ryan
Ryan Member ✭✭✭
Has Quicken discontinued the running balance when using Quicken On The Web? I do not see it. Initially, I thought it was my own personal settings; However, after looking at various settings and "views" I don't see any option to select or deselect the "running balance". Please advise.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Ryan,

Thank you for updating us and for providing a screenshot.

To start with, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so. Also, please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, go back to Mobile, Web & Alerts to select/deselect the accounts as desired and see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Ryan said:
    Has Quicken discontinued the running balance when using Quicken On The Web? I do not see it. Initially, I thought it was my own personal settings; However, after looking at various settings and "views" I don't see any option to select or deselect the "running balance". Please advise.
    Hello @Ryan

I am sorry about any frustration caused by this seemingly missing balance. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Once you log into the web app, select one of your accounts from the Account List in the left-hand panel and then go to the button appearing as a 'gear' icon labelled Transaction Settings. Once you click this and select Show/Hide Columns, do you see a 'checkmark' next to the word 'Balance?' I want to be sure that these settings have not been changed before offering further recommendations. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Jared, Thank you for your quick response. I followed your instructions and yes, here is a checkmark next to 'Balance' as you described. I then refreshed and confirmed that the running balance is still not available as it has been in the past. I look forward to hearing other recommendations to remedy this. Thanks, Ryan
  • Quicken Jared
    Ryan said:
    Hi Jared, Thank you for your quick response. I followed your instructions and yes, here is a checkmark next to 'Balance' as you described. I then refreshed and confirmed that the running balance is still not available as it has been in the past. I look forward to hearing other recommendations to remedy this. Thanks, Ryan
    @Ryan

It is my pleasure to be of assistance, and I am sorry that this issue seems to be continuing, even after ensuring that the proper menu options have been selected. We will continue to work on this together in the present discussion. 

I have been trying to reproduce the error as it is being described but I am able to see an updated balance in a column to the right-hand edge of the screen in my own application. Is there any way you might be able to provide a screenshot of the issue as it is occurring on your screen, with personal information redacted? For reference, you can submit screenshots in the Quicken Community by following the instructions provided in this discussion, linked here. Note that you can also drag and drop images in your comment before it is posted.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭✭
    Hi there. Please see my attached screenshot with no running balance on Quicken On The Web.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Ryan,

Thank you for updating us and for providing a screenshot.

To start with, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so. Also, please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, go back to Mobile, Web & Alerts to select/deselect the accounts as desired and see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭✭
    LORD. HAVE. MERCY. I feel like a moron. The running balance was NOT showing on Quicken Web for me because I was NOT using the DATE sort. When I switched to sort by DATE, the running balance reappeared *eyeroll*. So, like so many tech issues we can file this one under "operator error". LOL. Thanks "Quicken Jasmine".
  • Quicken Jared
    Ryan said:
    LORD. HAVE. MERCY. I feel like a moron. The running balance was NOT showing on Quicken Web for me because I was NOT using the DATE sort. When I switched to sort by DATE, the running balance reappeared *eyeroll*. So, like so many tech issues we can file this one under "operator error". LOL. Thanks "Quicken Jasmine".
    Hello @Ryan

I am happy to hear that you were able to come to a resolution on your own, and thank you for checking back in with us to share your steps to fixing this problem. No need to feel bad; errors happen to all of us.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ryan, You just found what we, at the banks where I worked, called an error in the CKI.
    Chair-to-Keyboard Interface. :D
    Thanks for fessing up.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭✭
    OMG! I am using that one from now on! 😂
This discussion has been closed.