Chase Investment Account linkage

I verified with Chase that they DO allow the download of cost basis data to Quicken. However, when I try to look my Chase investment account Quicken tells me Chase only allows Simple (not Detailed with Cost Data) linkages. Has anyone successfully linked to a Chase investment account and received cost data?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Linda2347 said:
    I verified with Chase that they DO allow the download of cost basis data to Quicken. However, when I try to look my Chase investment account Quicken tells me Chase only allows Simple (not Detailed with Cost Data) linkages. Has anyone successfully linked to a Chase investment account and received cost data?
    Hello @Linda2347

I am sorry to hear about this issue with investment tracking. Thank you for inquiring about this matter here on the Quicken Community.

In order to further assist you, I do have one question: what Connection Type are you using to link your account(s) to online banking services? You can check this anytime by first selecting one of your accounts from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window, and then by going to Accounts > Settings in the upper menu at the top of the screen, while Quicken is open. Next, navigate to the Downloads tab. The Connection Type should be listed here. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Linda2347
    Linda2347 Member
    Thanks Jared- Following your instructions for one of my non-brokerage accounts it lists 'Quicken Connect' as the connection type
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Linda2347 said:
    Thanks Jared- Following your instructions for one of my non-brokerage accounts it lists 'Quicken Connect' as the connection type
    Hello @Linda2347

Thank you for following up with me and providing me with the answer to my question about account connections. I am sorry that the issue is continuing.

In order to make use of Detailed Tracking for this account, it will be necessary to make use of a different connection method. First, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen then select the investment account from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window. After this, go to Accounts > Settings in the upper menu that appears at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Click Change Connection Type and check to see if the 'Direct Connect' option is available. Please note that you may be asked to enter credentials for your banking institution as you proceed through the following prompts.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing back from you about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Linda2347
    Linda2347 Member
    Thanks Jared. I was able to navigate to an option of direct connect but ultimately it only re-opens the list of Banks I originally set-up the account from. So no luck there.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Linda2347,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    Linda2347 said:
    Thanks Jared. I was able to navigate to an option of direct connect but ultimately it only re-opens the list of Banks I originally set-up the account from. So no luck there.
    To provide further clarification in @Quicken Jared's instructions; after you select Change Connection Type, it is normal to be taken to the financial institution list. You will then need to search and select the right financial institution, then click Options and select Direct Connect. After that, you will be prompted to enter your financial institution login credentials.

Please note that after attempting to connect, you may be required to also log in at the financial institution's website to authorize the connection as some financial institutions require this when using Direct Connect. Chase, I believe, is one of them.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Linda2347
    Linda2347 Member
    Anja/Jared, Here is what happens:

Your instruction:
    1-select the investment account from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window.
    2-Then Select Accounts > Settings in the upper menu that appears at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and click on Change Connection Type.
    3-When I get Financial List, select Options, Direct Connect etc

What I see: Instruction 1 (OK) Then I must click on the Downloads TAB and then I see 'Change Connection Type'. (OK)
    A-When I click on it, I get the financial Institution List (OK)
    B-I select Options / Direct Connect and Continue / Provide my Bank Credentials
    C-It only presents a credit card account that is not linked. It does not present my brokerage account because that IS already linked. I select continue manually and all it does is ask for an opening balance which it then doubles in my existing account.

SO
    If I delete the brokerage account, and try to add it back, Once I select Chase, Options, Direct Connect it only presents the credit card account that was not linked. It does not list my brokerage account. And So I ' continue with manual account'
    But all that does is set up a dummy account with no linkage at all.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up! 

For clarification; since this is for a brokerage account, could you please confirm whether or not you are selecting Chase Investments - New in the list of financial institutions in order to connect?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Linda2347
    Linda2347 Member
    No I selected just Chase- I will try that. But should I do it WITH the existing linked account or should I first delete the linked account..
  • Quicken Anja
    @Linda2347 Thank you for clarifying! And you can try it with the existing linked account.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Linda2347
    Linda2347 Member
    with linked account it just doubles. I deleted it and voila! it works! Chase-Investments NEW had not been there previously? I saw it recently but thought it was something I had somehow added so I didn't try it.

The data downloaded includes the cost basis data I was looking for except for transactions >90 days. I'm fine with adding that in manually, because now there is a link to do so. Unless you have a better way, What is Chase Investments - OLD?

Thanks again for your assistance.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were able to get it set up. :)

90 days is the standard history of transactions/data that financial institutions will release to Quicken. Anything earlier would need to be entered manually.

As for your last question; Chase Investments - OLD was the previous instance that was used to connect Chase brokerage/investment type accounts. It was then replaced with Chase Investments - New. So the one labeled old is invalid and not working. It just has not been removed from the list yet.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Linda2347
    Linda2347 Member
    Thanks again! you guys were great!
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome! 

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.