Amazon MBNA Credit Card Sync Support

diogogmt
diogogmt Member
I can't sync my Amazon MBNA credit card: https://www.amazon.ca/MBNA-Amazon-ca-Rewards-Mastercard/dp/B07MJM4F44

Is there a workaround so I can import my transactions?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which financial institutions support Quicken is dependent upon the type of Quicken product you have. 
    • Your profile shows you have Quicken Canada.  Is this correct?
    • Do you have Windows or Mac?
    • Do you have a current, unexpired subscription?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• diogogmt
    diogogmt Member
    That's right. I have Quicken Canada for Mac(also access to the web app)
    I have a valid subscription.

Besides not being able to sync my MBNA Canadian credit card, I can't upload the CSV/QFX files with the transactions.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    diogogmt said:
    That's right. I have Quicken Canada for Mac(also access to the web app)
    I have a valid subscription.

Besides not being able to sync my MBNA Canadian credit card, I can't upload the CSV/QFX files with the transactions.
    Hello @diogogmt,    

I am sorry to hear about these issues with syncing and QFX imports. Thank you for continuing to speak with us about these problems here on the Quicken Community. 

To be clear, files of the CSV file type are not directly compatible with Quicken, at least insofar as file importing is concerned; QFX file extensions are necessary for importing downloaded transactions into Quicken.

Also, when did this issue begin, and what error messages - if any - are you noticing when trying to sync your MBNA Canadian credit account? 

Please note that I have moved this discussion to a new discussion category, given the subject matter and relevant criteria. 

I look forward to hearing from you about this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • diogogmt
    diogogmt Member
    Hey Jared,

The MBNA Canada credit card does not show up on the list so I can't sync with it.
    Importing each transaction manually one by one is not feasible.

Do I need to submit a feature request to have MBNA Canada integrated? Other financial planning apps do support syncing with it.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    @diogogmt - Are you able to download transactions in QFX format from your online Amazon MBNA credit card account?  If so then you should be able to select either a statement or date range of transactions and download all of them at one time in a QFX file and then import that QFX file into Quicken.  I ask about this because I read a couple of posts online (not in this Community forum) that said that was how they were able to import Amazon MBNA credit card transactions into Quicken.  But those posts were from a few years ago so I do not know if that information is still valid.
    Also, when you have done the search during account setup, did you just look for MBNA or did you also look for Amazon?  The listings can sometimes be set up under the name of the financial institution but at other times they can be set up under the card name.
    If indeed the Amazon MBNA card does not support Quicken, then you will need to request MBNA to establish support for Quicken.  They will need to contract with Quicken/Intuit to get setup and to obtain the license to use the QFX format (yes, Amazon MBNA will need to pay for this).  Only after MBNA contracts with Quicken/Intuit will MBNA be added as financial institution to Quicken.  Quicken Sales/Marketing might try to press MBNA to add support but financial institutions usually need to make a business case to justify the expense and that usually means they need to have customers requesting it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.