How to remove a scheduled transaction from bank

Andrés
Andrés Member ✭✭
Quicken gets stuck occasionally with transactions that have been scheduled in the future from the bank's bill pay. The only way I've found to remove these entries is to cancel the payment in Quicken and void it, then delete it.

However, there are instances where I cancel the payment online, or switch the account (in the same bank) from which the payment is being made, and even though both accounts from the same bank are tracked in Quicken, the scheduled transaction can get stuck and is impossible to remove.

"There is a problem with the bank bill pay transaction to PAYEE dated 6/3/22 for $-XXX.XX.
Bank message: Payment processing has already started or payment is already canceled (Error: 2000)"

The problem is that by cancelling/moving the payment online, Quicken can't resolve the change, and when this happens the scheduled transaction still appears in Quicken yet it can't be cancelled because when you try to "cancel and void" it thinks this scheduled payment is already in progress or cancelled when communicating to the bank. Even though this is true, that the scheduled payment has been cancelled, there is no way to remove that entry from Quicken and so you are left with this dangling entry for a bill pay that is either duplicated or non existent. If it's cancelled then Quicken should still allow you to remove the entry in the registry!

We need the ability to remove a scheduled transaction entirely because when Quicken can't communicate with the bank's online bill pay adequately, this scheduled transaction lives on without the ability of voiding or deleting it.

Only way to remove this is to restore from backup, and that only works if you catch it right away!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    There's an undocumented trick: Hold down the Option key and click the trash can icon on the bottom toolbar, or menu Transactions > Delete Transaction. You will be given options to Delete, Set to Send, or Set to Manual.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    There's an undocumented trick: Hold down the Option key and click the trash can icon on the bottom toolbar, or menu Transactions > Delete Transaction. You will be given options to Delete, Set to Send, or Set to Manual.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Andrés
    Andrés Member ✭✭
    @RickO , AMAZING!! That is exactly what I needed. What a gem of a trick! Thank you so much, this solves my problem.
This discussion has been closed.