Ally Bank cc-506

Bob.
Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
Thought this might be a Quicken problem, but neither the iPhone app nor browser site show my account. I am on hold with Ally now with a 25 minute wait.

Comments

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Long hold for voice at ALLY. They report system wide error with 2-3 hour ETA for a fix. I suggested their app and web pages show a message to that effect and save all the half hour on hold wait times.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ally's IOS app and Website are fixed, but not in Quicken. CC-506 persists.

I will wait, but is there something I can do to reset this and get it working again on my end of Quicken? The "fix it" reports success, but still gets the error.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Bob.,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this CC-506 error with your Ally Bank account(s).

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with this error code. You may follow this link to access that FAQ.

Please let me know how it goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Not your fault - its Ally I am sure. The FAQ is a little drastic for now. I shall wait, then will deactivate Ally online and then close/open Quicken and re-add and hope that transactions are not duplicated when reactivated as it has occurred in the past.

Will let you all know. with luck it is just Ally getting around to its Quicken feed. or your aggregator.
  • FrZpd7843
    FrZpd7843 Member ✭✭
    starts off normal, says downloading transactions, appears to complete, and then gives 502 error with nothing downloaded. Sometimes one step update process window goes black, register pulsates, takes a long time, and then returns error.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for escalating, Anja.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Ally is functioning again for me. Cannot yet say fixed, but promising.

However, perhaps coincidence, I now get an alert that says "unspecified bill payment account has scheduled payments or deposits due soon". Cannot find much on this. Cannot find a new account that was not there yesterday.

Any clues? Happy to start a new thread if you prefer.

Off to search again for this one more time...

This discussion has been closed.