Is anyone else having trouble adding an account?

Options
I am unable to add an account. When I click on the + symbol in the account bar, nothing happens. Normally the add account box would open where you can select type of account, etc., but that box is not popping up. Literally nothing happens other than the register in the account that I happen to be in kinda flashes after a couple of seconds.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @fitzram

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of what occurs when trying to add an account? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHAT + symbol in the Account Bar (which is to the side of your account register)?
    OR, perhaps, are you talking about the Account List, which is accessed via TOOLS, Account List.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't there a Tools | Add Account menu path?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• fitzram
    fitzram Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hi Jasmine. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately absolutely nothing happens, so there's nothing to capture with a screenshot of what occurs.
    Also thanks to NotACPA for responding. Here's a screenshot of the + button I'm using to add a new account.
    Thanks go to mshiggins also. Yes, a new account can also be added by using the Tools list in the menu and selecting Add Account. But that's not doing anything for me either.

[Screenshot Edited for Privacy]
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Curious, because even when I widen my Account Bar, I don't see that.
    It's on VIEW, Show tabs,  which I don't normally display.  And, once I found it, that  worked as expected.
    What BUILD of Q are you running? And what's your "Membership Valid Until" date?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I select + I get to the add account screen you are expecting. Just a guess, but I suspect another cache bug is impacting this screen also. Delete your cache and see if you regain the add screen.

Close Quicken, remove the “Cache” folder from “C:\ProgramData\Quicken”, then reopen Quicken.

• fitzram
    fitzram Member
    Options
    Hey NotACPA - I'm running build 27.1.39.23 & my membership is valid until 5/2/22.
  • fitzram
    fitzram Member
    Options
    Hey GeoffG - thanks for the suggestion. I closed Q, deleted the cache folder, and reopened Q but that didn't correct my problem. :-(
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HMMM, next guess is Program corruption.  Try downloading and installing the R39.23 Mondo patch from here: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html
    BTW that's the build that I'm running also.
    The mondo won't touch your data ... but you can always take a backup first if you want.

• fitzram
    fitzram Member
    Options
    Thanks NotACPA. I tried running the Mondo patch but got the error message 'Unable to check for updates, the server file failed to load.' There's a 'Show Details' button that when clicked displayed the message "Could not parse the URL"<myname>\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\current/wyserver.wys" - it's either malformed of is an unknown protocol."
    The next step I tried - I uninstalled the Q software & reinstalled. Still no new account functionality. Then tried the Mondo patch again but got the same results.
    Any other ideas?
    I appreciate the help!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At this point,  I fear that  your only option is to contact Q Support. via this link https://www.quicken.com/activate

• fitzram
    fitzram Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your help, NotACPA. Much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.