No transactions are downloaded from Bank of America and other Credit Cards

For the past 2 weeks when I use One Step Update no transactions are downloaded from Bank of America and other credit card companies. I do not receive any error messages indicating a problem with the download. I have been forced to login to each company's website in order to download data. This is becoming quite tedious and frustrating.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @jsmarteljr,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error. 

What are the other financial institutions that you are experiencing this issue with?

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Bank of America account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jsmarteljr
    jsmarteljr Member ✭✭
    To answer your question about other financial institutions: Discover, Chase, Lowe's, Synchrony (Kohls), J C Penney, Elan Financial (Fidelity Visa). Also you stated: "I suggest creating a test file and adding the Bank of America account(s) to see if it produces the same error message". To repeat my earlier message, there is NO error message from Bank of America or any other institution. I will try your suggestion about creating a test file. Finally the last time I successfully downloaded transactions from the above list was on April 15, 2022.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Missing Some Transactions When Downloading From Bank?

Please read and try this:

https://www.quicken.com/support/missing-some-transactions-when-downloading-bank

• jsmarteljr
    jsmarteljr Member ✭✭
    Yes I tried the steps on this link before before posting and it did not fix the problem.
  • jsmarteljr
    jsmarteljr Member ✭✭
    I created a test file and was able to add Bank of America (BOA) and Discover.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @jsmarteljr,

Thank you for your response and for attempting the test file. 

I am happy to hear that Bank of America and Discover downloaded transactions in the test file. 

Next, I suggest deactivating and reactivating the accounts in your main/active file that are not downloading transactions. You may follow this link for a FAQ regarding how to deactivate and reactivate. 
    Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.