One Step Update Hangs

mrkp89
mrkp89 Member ✭✭
One Step Update is hanging in place for me. It can only complete a couple of banks but not all. When I update the bank individually, the update occurs fine. Any tip?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an experiment, go into each individual account that you download (if multiple accounts at same FI, only 1 account is needed). Click the GEAR icon in the upper right corner and click UPDATE NOW.
    Did that work?  Did it enable you to find a particular FI that's the problem?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • mrkp89
    mrkp89 Member ✭✭
    @NotACPA yes, that worked. Like I said, when I updated the FIs individually, update occurs fine. I shut off the Online Update (investment quotes etc) and it still hangs. Not sure how to get One Step Update to work again for all accounts.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mrkp89 But did one-at-a-time detect which bank was the problem?  Or did you already know that?
    What bank is having the problem and what's your connection method to it?  Do TOOLS, Account List and look in the "Transaction Download"  column adjacent to that bank for this info.
  • mrkp89
    mrkp89 Member ✭✭
    @NotACPA One-at-a-time did not detect which bank was the problem but by deducing bank one by one in one-step-update and using Ctrl+Alt+Delete to shut down Quicken when it hangs, I found that it was PNC bank that was causing the hang. Doing one-at-a-time with PNC did not return any error. PNC is currently connected via Express Web Connect.

I think this is at worst a bug and at best a feature request to have One-Step-Update do a better job of flagging a bank that causes a hang.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3
    @mrkp89 When you did the "Update Now" with PNC, what happened?  Did it act as expected?
    Sorry you've already answered this.
    It may be time to contact Q Support, as I've run out of ideas.  You can get to them by clicking SUPPORT at the top of this page.
This discussion has been closed.