Is there a way to get past the two step authentication with TD easy web?

sord
sord Member
Having problems connecting and downloading with TD easy-web. I really believe that it is the two step authentication that gets in the way. I'm thinking that the online bank sees my Quicken as a new client and asks for second step authentication of which Quicken has made no place to add the password during the connection process.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    sord said:
    Having problems connecting and downloading with TD easy-web. I really believe that it is the two step authentication that gets in the way. I'm thinking that the online bank sees my Quicken as a new client and asks for second step authentication of which Quicken has made no place to add the password during the connection process.
    Hello @sord

I am sorry to hear about these issues with account connections. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.  

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding accounts associated with TD Banks and connectivity issues that is relevant to your situation. You can view the thread linked here for any other details or any available updates. 

I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• sord
    sord Member
    So I have tried what was suggested, and there is no change. When I was trying to login a screen came up asking how I wanted the password sent to me (text or voice) I chose voice and Quicken continued to try to connect, eventually failing. I never received a text. Not sure if quicken truly recognizes the request or sent the response out. I have since downloaded a TD authenticator, not sure if quicken is up to speed with authenticators though. Unfortunately I have tried to assess too many times and getting 929 code now . Will try latter , I hope quicken can come to the table with allowing authentication .
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I access my bank with 2 step authentication without issue in Quicken. Has been that way for years. During the process I can choose to get the code either by text or by calling my cell phone and getting a voice generated code.  Always works.  I also access all of my accounts using the Quicken Password Vault to do the One Step Updates.  TD may have the ability to turn off 2 step authentication for your account there..

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• sord
    sord Member
    So after you request the code either by text or voice , does quicken bring up a window for you to put the new code into? My quicken does not give the opportunity to enter the code..
    TD implied that they can not turn the two step off.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    After I tell it to send text it brings up another blank box called Verification Code to enter the code into. Enter the code and click and it completes the update process.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• sord
    sord Member
    Okay thanks. Quicken is not doing that for me.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Do you use the Password Vault in Quicken?

• sord
    sord Member
    Yes I have the password setup in the vault for easy web but the two step verification isn't working
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    So you get the code text'd to you from TD but can't enter it in Quicken?  Have you talked with Quicken Tech Support by phone about this?  They are available 5am to 5pm M-F PST....  Go down to Contact Us area         https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

• sord
    sord Member
    No I actual don't get the code text to me, I'm not sure quicken communicates my request back to easy web. I will try quicken tech help tomorrow thanks
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭

This discussion has been closed.