Account Overview is off

raeiken
raeiken Member ✭✭
In my checking account, if I go to the register and then choose Account overview, it shows Assets. liabilities and Networth all of those show $5,399.34 which is incorrect. Below that it shows account status With Current Balance and Last Online Balance of $10,259.66 which is correct. The real problem is that the incorrect number is also showing up on my Net Worth report where it shows the account balances, not sure where this incorrect number is coming from. I chatted with support, and the person actually said I should use another report. Trying to figure out how to correct the issue
Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "if I go to the register and then choose Account overview, it shows Assets. liabilities and Networth all of those show $5,399.34 which is incorrect."
    In my checking Account if I click on Account Overview I see Assets properly reported as the current value of the Account, Liabilities at $0 and Net Worth properly stated.  The fact that you're seeing bad numbers certainly suggests some sort of data corruption.  Did the Quicken Support person suggest Validating or SuperValidating the file?  That would be my first instinct.
    If you step back in time and open a few backups are you still seeing the same sort of error?  If you can find a "good" backup then perhaps re-entering data from then to "now" would work.
    But first I'd try step 3 as spelled out here:
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that your Account Side Bar is set to show "Ending Balance" instead of "Current Balance"?
    To review or change this setting in the Account Bar click the gear icon in the title line of the Account Bar
  • raeiken
    raeiken Member ✭✭
    I found the problem. I had a paycheck detail that was way off from the balance that was actually submitted. So the register balance was correct, but whenever I generated a report it would use the numbers from the underlying detail. I wish there was a diagnostic that would tell you if the underlying detail in the paycheck is off from amount in the register.
This discussion has been closed.