How do I manually import transactions from Schwab? (Mac)

ibash
ibash Member ✭✭
Hi,

First started using quicken a few months ago and it looks like the Charles Schwab account never gets updated with transactions. I've tried the troubleshooting steps, but it seems like this feature is simply broken.

Instead I'd like to be able to import transactions from a csv export that Schwab provides, how do I do that?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @ibash

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question.

Quicken only supports CSV files that are exported from Mint. Other CSV files are, unfortunately, not compatible with Quicken at this time.

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ibash
    ibash Member ✭✭
    Thanks, seems like there isn't a solution to work around their bugs. Very unfortunate.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @ibash I don't have accounts at Schwab, but I'll just note that there are tens or hundreds of thousands of Quicken users who do — successfully — so it might be worth spending a little more time with Quicken Support to try to get your data imported correctly. It's often better to pursue this with Quicken Support by phone because they can screen share with your computer to see what you're seeing and troubleshoot what's not working as you talk with them; trying to troubleshoot such problems on a forum like this can be frustrating because of the slow pace fo back-and-forth questions and answers/suggestions, and because no one can see exactly what you're seeing. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ibash
    ibash Member ✭✭
    Huh, I had tried messaging quicken support and never got a response. Good to know there’s a phone number, will try to call them.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @ibash Yes, Quicken Support consists of telephone support (8am - 8 pm Eastern time weekdays) and chat text support (8 am - 8 pm every day). There is no way to email or post messages to Quicken Support.

In the case of connectivity problems, I always advise trying phone support, so you can do a screen share with the Quicken representative and they can look at log files generated by your Quicken usage; they can also create internal support tickets if there's a problem they determine to be a bona fide connectivity issue which needs to be escalated to Intuit, their connectivity service provider.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.