RESOLVED - Can't Add Account for - Comenity Bank - NFL Extra Points Visa credit card

There is no institute to select.

What edition level (Starter Edition, Deluxe, etc.), version and release of Quicken (R xx.xx) are you using? --> Version: R39.23 / Build 27.1.39.23

What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using? --> Windows

What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get? --> Your financial institution may not yet be supported

What bank(s) are you having issues with? --> https://d.comenity.net/ac/cowboysvisa

What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with? --> Credit Card

What have you tried so far to resolve the issue? --> Contacted Comenity and received secure message below. I then called Comenity and they said contact you guys!

''I'm with Comenity Capital Bank, which handles your Visa account. This card is issued by Comenity Capital Bank pursuant to a license from Visa USA Inc. I'm here to help with your account needs.

Thank you for inquiring about downloading transaction information into Quicken for your NFL Extra Points Visa account.

We're happy to help! It can be done directly in quicken and it's quick and easy!

Here are the details :

Simply go directly into your Quicken software and follow these easy
steps:

First, select 'Add New Account' on the Quicken software and enter NFL Extra Points Visa in the field for the bank name.
Next, you will be prompted to enter your NFL Extra Points Visa credit card account login information.
After this, the program will then allow you to download transactions.
This is only available when entering a new account. If you change the bank name on an existing account, the Quicken software will not recognize the bank.

We hope this information helps you register your NFL Extra Points Visa credit card account in Quicken.

We truly value your business.

Thank you for your loyalty and have a great!"

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    What BANK issued that card?  The NFL isn't a bank and can't  issue cards themselves.
    The bank's name would be on statements you get from them and, probably, on  the back of  the card.
    Try using the name "Comenity Bank". but I just scrolled thru the LENGTHY list of cards issued by
    Comenity, in the "Add Account" dialog ... and didn't see any that reference any NFL team.
    You probably need to contact Comenity about this as THEY make the decision re: what to download.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• carpenterr
    carpenterr Member ✭✭
    Crazy enough I tried to "Add" through all of those with no luck. Evidently BARCLAY sold out to Comenity and my card has been a mess since then. And now it has turned into one of those, "it's not us..." kind of deals.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Comenity is SOLELY responsible for which of their products are eligible for download into Q.
    Don't let them [Removed - Profanity] you into claiming that this is a Q issue.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Comenity evidently has NOT officially set this up with quicken despite saying it should be there. Getting the runaround from BOTH Comenity and Quicken. They need to communicate. This is a new program that just started in late April, so I wonder if there is some kind of delay getting it added. However, Comenity is saying it SHOULD be an option within Quicken. I do not know how often Quicken updates the financial firms in the available list.

Note: Barclays didn't sell out to Comenity.. The NFL must be getting a better deal for them and MOVED the program. This is a NEW card. The old one was a mastercard and this is a Visa. This was brand new in late April. The transition should have been planned better. And at this point we may need to contact the NFL if we aren't getting the promised service level.

Also the information above is incorrect. No matter what, if you try to do a new account OR change financial institution, you cannot get the new program as an option.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    greenD2021 said: Comenity evidently has NOT officially set this up with quicken despite saying it should be there.
    It looks like Comenity is in the business of handling the branding of credit cards for a variety of business clients.
    And as mentioned above - there are a ton of those clients.   Each and every one listed in the Add Account has setup a "contract" with Quicken to support downloading of transactions.... your NFL card may be a phantom of one of those other listed cards, or Comenity has just slipped up .....

{partial list}

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Ps56k2 it isn't a phantom. There is a separate login page for this program and it is not active. I know what I am doing.

I know how it works and have spent too much time on with both quicken and comenity. The problem is those two need to talk. Quicken says comenity hasn't set up the program with them and Comenity say they have. period.

I have been dealing with this for almost two weeks now and they keep blaming each other. If it's not fixed, I wonder how many cards get cancelled..

My question to this community is more.. how often does quicken publish database updates? When is the next one..

FYI, the program IS available on [Removed - 3rd-Party Product] already and has been with the exact program name.
  • carpenterr
    carpenterr Member ✭✭
    Can anyone answer greend2021's question?

"My question to this community is more.. how often does quicken publish database updates? When is the next one.."
  • schwane
    schwane Member ✭✭
    I found it in the list under "NFL Extra Points Visa"
  • carpenterr
    carpenterr Member ✭✭
    Thank you!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    schwane said: I found it in the list under "NFL Extra Points Visa"
    Glad it has appeared - Must have been a delay in getting it added to the Quicken internal list -
    YES it is there now, but it wasn't, a week ago...
    69435    69435    69435    NFL Extra Points Visa    https://comenity.net/nflvisa
    https://comenity.net/nflvisa    ACTIVE
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    Yes it finally appeared!
This discussion has been closed.