The sync between the Mobile App and the Desktop is not working

mshenhouse
mshenhouse Member ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Using the Mobile App
There are several entries put into the app that are not synching to the computer. The entries before 4/16 are OK and the entries after 5/1 are OK, but the ones in between are missing. How can this be cleared up?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    There are several entries put into the app that are not synching to the computer. The entries before 4/16 are OK and the entries after 5/1 are OK, but the ones in between are missing. How can this be cleared up?
    Hello @mshenhouse,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with missing transactions. Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Quicken Community about this problem.

Make sure that the data file you are working on in your desktop application is the same as the one you are viewing in your Mobile application. You can check this anytime by going to the button marked by the 'three bars' icon in the mobile application screen. If you tap this button, your data file name should appear on the screen. You can view your data file name in the desktop application by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

Also, be sure to sync at the end of every session when you use the Quicken software, both on the desktop and mobile application. You can read more about the proper syncing process in the Support Article linked here

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing more from you about this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mshenhouse
    mshenhouse Member ✭✭
    HI, thanks for answering my post. I am trying to see the data file on the mobile app but it doesn't show when I click the 'three bars' icon. When I log into the app it shows the correct data file. All of the other entries are synced, only the ones from several days are not synced so I am sure it is using the correct file.

I noticed that it I update an entry on the mobile app (add a note) then is gets synced. Is there any other way to fix this besides updating each entry?
  • Quicken Jared
    HI, thanks for answering my post. I am trying to see the data file on the mobile app but it doesn't show when I click the 'three bars' icon. When I log into the app it shows the correct data file. All of the other entries are synced, only the ones from several days are not synced so I am sure it is using the correct file.

I noticed that it I update an entry on the mobile app (add a note) then is gets synced. Is there any other way to fix this besides updating each entry?
    Hello @mshenhouse,   

I am sorry to hear that this problem is continuing, and for any confusion you may have experienced. Thank you for working with me on this issue. 

To be clear, the data file name should appear at the top of the screen - above the various menu options - after you tap the 'three bar' menu icon. Also, I am still somewhat unclear; are you syncing after each use of the software on both the Mobile and desktop applications? 

If you are syncing regularly, one other option would be to save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then move through the instructions provided below:

1. Navigate to Edit > Preferences > QuickenID & Cloud Accounts
    2. Confirm that Dataset Name and File name are identical in the right-hand panel of the window (if not, click Edit dataset name so that the Dataset Name is identical to the File name)
    3. Navigate to Mobile & Web in the left-hand panel of the window
    4. Confirm that the Sync: toggle is set to the ON position. 
    5. Click Reset your cloud data 
    6. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    7. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    8. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to confirm that no errors occur
    9. Wait for this process to complete
    10. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mshenhouse
    mshenhouse Member ✭✭
    I am attaching the screen shot from the mobile app when I click the "three bars". I do not see the data file name.
    I sync the data every time I open Quicken on the computer which is about 2-4 time a month. I enter items into the app about every other day. I assume those entries are safe until I access Quicken on the computer.

In your steps above, will step 5, " Reset your cloud data" remove the entries on the app that have not synced to the computer yet? I don't want to do that.

Thanks for your help.
  • mshenhouse
    mshenhouse Member ✭✭
    screen shot
  • Quicken Jared
    edited May 2022
    screen shot
    Hello @mshenhouse

Thank you for getting that helpful screenshot to me, and for providing me with more detail about what is going on. I do apologize for this ongoing problem with syncing.

Make sure to sync your application after using the Mobile app, as well as the desktop app. You can sync from the Mobile app anytime by going through the instructions provided below by swiping 'down' from within the Mobile app home screen.

If this issue is still occurring after syncing from the Mobile app, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support with the contact information provided in this link. They will be able to best assist you with the resources uniquely available to them. 

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Quicken Jared said:  To be clear, the data file name should appear at the top of the screen - above the various menu options - after you tap the 'three bar' menu icon.
    just following along - for Quicken Mobile App -
    after signing into the App - the "file name" briefly displays as "opening.... xxx"
    but I don't see anywhere else within the App where the filename is displayed...
    Also - I didn't see any way to select a different Quicken Cloud filename - and I have THREE avail when viewed with QWEB

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to the Mobile App - 
    what do the Accounts and Holdings look like compared to what they should be ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mshenhouse
    mshenhouse Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support with the contact information provided in this link. They will be able to best assist you with the resources uniquely available to them. 

Please give me more details on how to contact Quicken Support.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited May 2022
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support with the contact information provided in this link. They will be able to best assist you with the resources uniquely available to them. 

Please give me more details on how to contact Quicken Support.
    @mshenhouse

I apologize about that link failing to be included in my previous comment; I will update that response, as well.

Here is the proper contact information for Quicken Support. Again, they should be able to provide further troubleshooting information and investigate this matter further.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mshenhouse
    mshenhouse Member ✭✭
    Looks like Quicken Support is only through Phone or chat during business hours. I will try this. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.