Why does Credit Card show charge and payment for same amount?

Citi Card (Costco) recently started showing charge/payment for random transactions. For example Hulu shows a payment of $xx and then 2 lines later it shows a charge for the exact same amount.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are you seeing this in Q, in which case I'd suggest "fumble fingers", OR on the web/statement?  If the latter, it sounds like a reversal of the original transaction and you should contact Citi for an explanation.
    In the former case, simply delete the extra tran.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Are you seeing this in Q, in which case I'd suggest "fumble fingers", OR on the web/statement?  If the latter, it sounds like a reversal of the original transaction and you should contact Citi for an explanation.
    In the former case, simply delete the extra tran.

• highaltidude
    highaltidude Member
    I'm not manually putting these in. It is pulling transactions from Web Connect. I'll keep my eye and delete those out. Thanks!!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Web Connect" in which you initiate the download from  the Web?  Or "Express Web Connect" initiated from within Q?
    EWC sometimes has problems with it's "screen scraping" technology, which could explain this.  Check the website to be sure.
    If "Web Connect" the issue is entirely upon Citi, as they control the content of the download.

• highaltidude
    highaltidude Member
    Oddly, I deleted and re-added and all transactions downloaded correctly!
This discussion has been closed.