Quicken update this morning causing 'subscription expired' notices and no functionality

KIC
KIC Member
Transactions won't download and won't backup to icloud. Subscription auto renewed with no issues Mar 15, 2022. Have proof of payment below. Getting message when trying to exit and update to icloud that product is expired and to renew with purchase.

My Account | Support

Hello KAREN,

We have successfully processed your request to renew your Quicken membership. As of 3/15/2022 you have an active membership to Quicken Starter that will renew automatically on 3/15/2023 at the then current price (plus any applicable taxes).3/15/2023
Membership: Starter
Start Date: 3/15/2022
Next Auto Renewal Date: 3/15/2023

Price: $39.99
Order Number: [Removed - Privacy]

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @KIC .  Sometimes the Cloud Account needs to be refreshed with the current subscription status.  I suggest doing the following to refresh your subscription status in your Cloud Account:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > follow the prompts to complete signing out > when prompted, sign in again using your current Quicken ID and PW.
    Let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi @KIC .  Sometimes the Cloud Account needs to be refreshed with the current subscription status.  I suggest doing the following to refresh your subscription status in your Cloud Account:  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user > follow the prompts to complete signing out > when prompted, sign in again using your current Quicken ID and PW.
    Let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

• KIC
    KIC Member
    Thanks, that worked! However now having issues with the windows installer not being able to download files into Quicken. Have been told by Quicken support that is a Windows security issue so now investigating that.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    KIC said:
    Thanks, that worked! However now having issues with the windows installer not being able to download files into Quicken. Have been told by Quicken support that is a Windows security issue so now investigating that.
    Please tell us a little more about this issue and what, exactly, you are doing when the problem occurs.
    (For example: I'm downloading transaction files from the bank's website using my Firefox/Edge/other browser and the file won't load into Quicken.)

• KIC
    KIC Member
    I'm downloading a file from my TD website using Google Chrome browser and get a Windows installer message about not being able to find a Quicken file. Quicken support had me open Quicken, import a the downloaded file on my computer from bank into Quicken. Told me that security software was stopping file from being auto downloaded directly into Quicken like it previously did.
    It's weird after having a Quicken download this morning, then the membership expiry issue, now this.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you please capture one or more images of the Windows installer message showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

Is it possible that Chrome settings or Windows Control Panel settings regarding the "program to use when opening a file" are not correctly set for file type QFX?

• Boatnmaniac
    edited May 2022
    There is a posted Alert regarding not being able to import QFX files.  Perhaps this is what your issue is related to?:  ONGOING 5/03/22 (QFX) Web Connect files not importing.
    You might want to consider bookmarking that posted Alert so you are kept updated on developments.

• KIC
    KIC Member
    This is message I get:

Hope you can see it in the attachment below.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the image. This problem, AFAIK, has nothing to do with your browser or missing file type associations. For some odd reason, Quicken is looking for the Quicken software installation program and can't find it ... as if it wants to reinstall itself.
    Have you recently updated your Quicken software to a new version (e.g., Canadian users from R 33.xx to R 40.xx)?
    If so, please reinstall Quicken using the Mondo Patch file applicable to your country version of Quicken from

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Download the file and save it to your Downloads folder.
    Open the Downloads folder. Right-click the downloaded patch file. Click "Run as Administrator" to execute the installation program.
    This will replace any Quicken software modules with a known consistent release level and, hopefully, eliminate any software corruption or errors during installation as a cause of this issue.

Reboot Windows when done with the above and try Quicken again.

• KIC
    KIC Member
    Thanks very much! Yesterday morning when I opened Quicken, it did do an update. Then after that transactions wouldn’t download but got no error messages and when I tried to close and sync to iCloud, I got a message my membership expired. I was in a chat session for 2 hours with Quicken support who assisted me with getting rid of the membership expiry issue. However, then I started to get the error messages when downloading transactions from my bank. The support guy showed me a work around, import the file that does get downloaded from the bank and placed in my download file on my computer using the import feature of Quicken. And told me the issue was with my windows security not allowing my bank transactions to be loaded into Quicken. He insisted that was the problem.
    Your solution makes much more sense. I will try it when I next have time to spend on this on the weekend. Will provide an update at that time.
    Thanks again.
  • KIC
    KIC Member
    This morning when I opened Quicken, it did an update which fixed the problem with the downloading of transactions from my bank. So relieved that all looks to be back to normal.
    Version R40.28
    Build 27.1.40.28
    Edition Canada
    Thanks to everyone for your input and help!
  • PLR
    PLR Member ✭✭✭
    Question for KIC:  after updating to R40.28 Canadian, it's seem that your issues went away.
     Am I right because I read that many users still have issues after R40.28 and I don't want to run into issues .
  • KIC
    KIC Member
    That is correct. My issues were fixed immediately following the update.
This discussion has been closed.