error CC-503

I have Quicken Deluxe Version R39.23 Build 27.1.39.23
I have 4 accounts with Atomic Federal credit union. I log into all 4 accounts using the same user name and password. 3 of the accounts download and update using the one step updater. but one of the 4 accounts stopped working. I have tried downloading the file from the bank manually and it still gives me the CC-503 error. but all the other accounts work fine using both the onestep and manual download. so this is not a password error or actually any error on the bank side.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have Quicken Deluxe Version R39.23 Build 27.1.39.23
    I have 4 accounts with Atomic Federal credit union. I log into all 4 accounts using the same user name and password. 3 of the accounts download and update using the one step updater. but one of the 4 accounts stopped working. I have tried downloading the file from the bank manually and it still gives me the CC-503 error. but all the other accounts work fine using both the onestep and manual download. so this is not a password error or actually any error on the bank side.
    Hello @emeraldfire999

I am sorry to hear about this issue with connections and the CC-503 error message. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, navigate to New Quicken File... in the same menu. Select New Quicken File in the screen that follows, then choose a file name and location. Select Don't use mobile and web. Finally, in the new data file, attempt to link your Atomic Federal Union accounts, exclusively, with the credentials you would normally use to enter your online banking profiles. I am curious to know whether or not this error persists in the new data file. 

I look forward to your response, and hope to continue working with you on this problem in the future, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ok, I did the copy or backup file and it used this file name "fixing1.QDF-backup". then when I went to the new quicken file, it couldn't find it since ut had the QDF-backup file name. so I renamed it to just a QDF but it just wanted to over write it again, so I gave it fixing2.qdf. that brought up the "don't use Mobile and web". which brought up the add new accounts. but all my information is now gone. nothing. I didn't want to lose everything. and if I restore the file, it just comes back broken. how do I get everything back and have it work?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @emeraldfire999,

Thank you for your response and for updating us. 

To clarify, the instructions that @Quicken Jared gave were regarding creating a test file in which you would add the Atomic Federal Credit Union account(s) to see if they produce the same CC-503 error message. This is so we may isolate the error and know how to properly proceed with troubleshooting steps in your main/active data file. 

Were you able to add the Atomic FCU account(s) within your test file?

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• yes, I was able to make an entirely new account and it downloaded the 4 accounts to it. but It will only download 3 of the accounts with that bank on my original file and the main checking account gives the error. and if I manually download the file for just that account it says "Quicken is unable to complete your request. [OL-221-A] [OL-221-B]
  • when I click the click the one step update, it updates the 3 other accounts, just not the main checking account
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @emeraldfire999,

Thank you for attempting the test file, I am happy to hear that all 4 accounts were downloaded. 

I have located a support article that discusses troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-221-A error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• I finally got it to work. I had to remove the online part of the accounts and readd that part.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I finally got it to work. I had to remove the online part of the accounts and readd that part.
    @emeraldfire999

We are so happy to hear that a resolution seems to have been achieved. Thank you for checking back in with us to let us know about what worked for you.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.