Chase Amazon Rewards Card

CP Jack
CP Jack Unconfirmed, Member
I'm just setting up Quicken for Windows and having trouble adding my Chase Amazon card, Quicken choices under "Chase" do not include Chase Amazon. I tried JP Morgan Chase and that doesn't work. Which option should I be selecting?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I suggest you try using: Chase

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I seem to recall I had to go to the Chase website under the security section to somehow authorize Quicken to access the website. Also, Quicken announced Chase was discontinuing Direct Connect so you might want to use the default EWC setup process.
  • CP Jack
    CP Jack Unconfirmed, Member
    I thought "Chase" was a heading so I looked below. Thanks for the help. Clicking the lead Chase was all I needed
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    I seem to recall I had to go to the Chase website under the security section to somehow authorize Quicken to access the website. Also, Quicken announced Chase was discontinuing Direct Connect so you might want to use the default EWC setup process.
    Where did you hear that Chase is discontinuing direct connect? Are you sure you're not referring to Chase Bank accounts, as opposed to credit card accounts? I've been using Chase credit cards direct connect for many years, and it has never once had a problem. I am reluctant to give it up.

QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• markus1957
    Over time, all direct connect will get transitioned to what is being called EWC+. The industry group that supports the direct connect OFX/QFX standard is merging with the FDX group that is implementing a newer API process that EWC+ is based on.

Some FIs will make the move sooner than others, but since as I understand it, a dedicated team to support direct connect will not be required to support EWC+, they all will transition eventually.
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Will EWC+ be a direct connection to the FI? Or will it go through Intuit servers, like EWC currently does?

QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    As I understand it the connection between your computer and financial institutions for all "flavors" of EWC will involve one (or more) intermediaries.   Your password into the financial institution is no longer stored on your computer but instead will reside with somewhere between your computer and the financial institution.
  • markus1957
    I think it is more accurate to say that for EWC+, an authentication token created by a validation process that initially uses your username and password in a connection between your computer and the FI may be stored on intermediary servers. As I understand it, the EWC+ process is more secure than EWC because it does not store your username and password on an intermediary server.
This discussion has been closed.