No backups on external USB drive

Pat K
Pat K Member
Since 3/16/22 My Passport external Drive is no longer backing up Quicken. It is being backed up to my C drive and the cloud. When I try to use my usb drive to back up for a 2nd option I no longer can get it from my external drive.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6
    Let's start with How are you creating those backups? Via the FILE, "Copy  or backup file" (or it's CTRL-B shortcut)? Or via automated backup after you run Q  so many times? Or Both?
    For Manual backups,  you get to pick the destination including Drive and folder.
    For Automated backups, it goes to a Backup folder located underneath the folder holding your
    Q data file.  Have you used either Q or Win to see what's there?
    Do EDIT, Preferences, Backup to see what your current settings are.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6
    Pat K said: Since 3/16/22 My Passport external Drive is no longer backing up Quicken. It is being backed up to my C drive and the cloud. When I try to use my usb drive to back up for a 2nd option I no longer can get it from my external drive.
    As @NotACPA mentioned, we really need some details beyond... it doesn't work -
    1 - How are you using your external USB drive..... Quicken File --> Copy or Backup
    2 - How is it now being backed up to the C drive and "what" Cloud - Quicken Cloud is NOT A BACKUP
    3 - What do you mean.... USB drive for 2nd option - no longer can get it from my external drive
    QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
This discussion has been closed.