My transactions will not enter my account that was previously set up in the other program(1)

Milleni
Milleni Member
edited June 2022 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
Why will it not ask for the existing account that I had set up in the other program

Answers

• Milleni
    Milleni Member
    edited May 2022
    You have to correct that. You know many people are transferring form a previous program?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What other program?  What type of account?: Which Q version?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    You have to share more details -
    as we have no idea what you are talking about - and the topic title is even hard to understand.
    [EDIT] - also requested that your TWO postings to merged into single ....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Milleni
    Milleni Member
    I spent about $40 on the phone one time and gained nothing I tried to download my banking transactions from ATB in Alberta to my checking account and it went to the checking account you have set up in Quicken. You need to give me the option in the new program to use my existing account.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok - first - we are all mostly peer level customers here - NOT like you are talking to Quicken Support -
    1 - What was your $40 phone call - like from Canada to the US Quicken Support - as Quicken does NOT charge for support ?
    2 - Are you in Canada, and using the Canada version of Quicken - download banking transactions from ATB in Alberta ?
    3 - what "new program" - do you mean some Quicken upgrade/update ?
    You need to give me the option in the new program to use my existing account.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Milleni
    Milleni Member
    When I transferred from the other computer the accounts came up in US dollars and yes I must have connected to Quicken US out of california. that is gone by . When I download my transaction Quicken set up an import into the checking account in the program. I already have an account in the program that transferred to the new. but the new will not transfer to my exsisting account
  • Milleni
    Milleni Member
    After I imported the old Quicken 2007 data my totals were completely screwed and I have had a terrible tim getting it sorted out. I had just purchased the new quicken program to use with a new Mac 24.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This happens sometimes in the transition. There is an easy solution. Go to the "old" account and select all transactions. Next, drag and drop them to the "new" account (the one receiving downloads) in the sidebar. Now all your transactions will be in the new account and the old account will be empty. You can then delete the old account and rename the new account as desired. Your newest transactions will continue to download into the new account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Milleni
    Milleni Member
    Too late to do that I have imported the old files and I cannot bring in more.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Let me see if I understand your issue:

1. You imported from another program.
    2. You now have an account with the transactions from the former program.
    3. You set up downloads, but they are going into a 2nd account.
    4. You need to merge the two accounts so you will have both the old and newly downloaded transactions in a single account.
    Is that it?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.