How to create a Report on a specific security or securities across portfolios (Q Mac)

Options
billeye10
billeye10 Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2022 in Reports (Mac)
Is there a way to create a Report on a specific security or securities across portfolios/accounts? Of course by selecting “Investing” and then the Portfolio view I can see amounts by security however, a report is nice because it would provide the totals of securities selected for the report.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you looking to create a report that shows the total of market value for a subset of securities across all accounts? As you have seen, there's unfortunately no way to filter which securities show in the Portfolio view. However, you can export the Portfolio view to CSV (click the three-dots-in-a-circle icon, top right). Open the CSV file in Excel or Numbers, delete the securities you don't want, then total in the spreadsheet.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you looking to create a report that shows the total of market value for a subset of securities across all accounts? As you have seen, there's unfortunately no way to filter which securities show in the Portfolio view. However, you can export the Portfolio view to CSV (click the three-dots-in-a-circle icon, top right). Open the CSV file in Excel or Numbers, delete the securities you don't want, then total in the spreadsheet.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • billeye10
    billeye10 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
     Thanks for the solution. I had forgotten Export was there. I used filtering to ignore/hide holdings I did not want to see rather than deleting. This is may be easier than creating a report. There are more tools in Excel to manipulate the data. Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.