Set up Transaction Download Fails and Locks Up (ZZZ-PayPal issue)

Options
phdgolf
phdgolf Member ✭✭
Good day,
I am trying to set up a credit card account for transaction download via web express connection. No matter where I try to set this up (either edit account details or within the account under Download Transactions sub menu), as soon as I click "Set up Now" or anything else, Quicken locks up, nothing is available, ESC does nothing and the only way out is to start Task Manager and End Task. Quicken does not lose any data and starts back up without any problem. Have tried this multiple times on this account, even entering customer id and password but to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Best regards,
Duane

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @phdgolf,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried connecting the account through Add Account instead (not through Setup Now)?

If not, I suggest you try that next. To do so, please navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• phdgolf
    phdgolf Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Anja,
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I did try the Add Account route, but it would not let me do the add as a credit card. I found the problem later last night and it is the ZZZ-PayPal transition issue that first came up around May 2nd. I never was notified or saw any of the community reactions. I downloaded the transactions to an Excel spreadsheet, deleted the account, and then tried several times and different ways to recreate it. I have the account set back up but am manually adding the transactions. I will contact Quicken support if I can't find the correct way to fix this through the community posts.
    Best regards,
    Duane
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thank you for your response and for specifying that PayPal is the financial institution.

PayPal is transitioning to a new connection method. You can find more information and instruction on this through this support article. If you still wish to contact Quicken Support directly, by all means, feel free to do so. Our support agents also have the ability to screen share which makes it easy for them to guide you through the process.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• phdgolf
    phdgolf Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Anja. I've also been monitoring the ZZZ-PayPal issue in the forum and will continue to do so until I'm sure of resolution. If I continue to have problems after that, I'll contact Quicken Support. Please consider this post closed now.
    Thank you again. Best wishes,
    Duane
This discussion has been closed.