Marking Account as Closed (Q Mac)

Golfercurt
Golfercurt Member ✭✭
Hi, I have a checking account that I'm trying to mark as closed. It has a $0 balance and I thought I have deleted any future transactions such as bills or deposits, etc.

However, I keep getting the following message:

"You cannot close an account while it has any scheduled, future-dated, or pending payment transactions."

I've searched and can't find any additional transactions. Please help

Thanks

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    In the account register, click the tiny clock icon at top right and select Next One Due. This will show you the next scheduled transaction(s) if there are any. Make sure the register is sorted by date.

Next, sort the register by Check # and look for any bill pay transactions that say Sent or Send. Basically anything except Paid or a check number. Sometimes these can get stuck in this state.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • BrianG
    BrianG Member ✭✭
    @RickO I have this same issue and have a number of transactions that are showing Sent that are matched to corresponding downloaded transactions. What do I do with these to clean them up? Thx
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Are you trying to delete transactions that are marked "Sent", or get rid of the "Sent" designation. If so, here's the trick: Select the transaction, then hold down the Option key on the keyboard while clicking the Delete button on the bottom toolbar (or top menu Transactions > Delete Transaction).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • BrianG
    BrianG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    @RickO Nice Trick! I didn't want to delete the transactions as they go back many years and would impact my historical reports. I used your trick and to get rid of the "Sent" designation, after holding Option and selecting Delete, It gave me options "Delete Transactions" or "Set to Manual". I used the "Set to Manual" and it worked! Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.