Chase - OL-393-A Errors [Edited]

CaveCreek
CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
Quicken is unable to update your accounts.
B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

We do now have a New Active Alert regarding OL-393-A Errors with Chase. You may follow this link to bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We do apologize for the inconvenience this causes and we appreciate your support and patience. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @CaveCreek

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Chase account(s).

I have located a Support Article that discusses troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-393-A error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @CaveCreek,

Thank you for updating me, I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve the error that you were receiving. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just toss this out there - in case anyone else is seeing this ....
    Recieved the Chase OL-393 error today - 5/9/22 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Same here. Got the OL-393-A error today, 05-09-2022, as well. Went through the deactivate/reactivate process but it did not help.
    Quicken Premier, Version R40.21, Build 27.1.40.21, Windows 10 Pro.
  • Mark Veta
    Mark Veta Member ✭✭✭
    I have
  • afcanfield
    afcanfield Member ✭✭
    I've been getting this error for several days trying to download data for my Chase checking account. On the other hand, my Chase Investments accounts are updating with no problems. What's going on?
  • afcanfield
    afcanfield Member ✭✭
    I have been having this error since yesterday for my Chase checking account. Everything works fine for my Chase Investments accounts. Nothing has changed on my part in Quicken.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this error with Chase Bank.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided in my previous response fail to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. You may title this report using "Chase: OL-393-A Error".

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Just wondering if it might be related to any Chase changes for - Bank Bill Pay - still shows Direct + Payment
    I AM using Chase as my direct Bank Bill Payment function.....  I just SEND payments to Chase during One Step Update.
    10898    10898    10898    Chase    https://www.chase.com/    1-877-242-7372   
    https://secure01c.chase.com    ACTIVE
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I started receiving the Chase OL-393-A error today. I deactivated all Chase accounts and reactivated through "Add Account". The connection is made successfully and all accounts were identified; however when I try and update again I receive the same error. I have version R40.21 Build 27.1.40.21. Is there an issue with Chase or the Quicken Server? Or is there a fix?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you happen to use the Chase Bill Payment feature ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    That worked to solve Chase not downloading!> Edit/Delete Account / Account Details / Online Services: under Online bill payment section: Chase Better Banking had Bank Bill Pay set to Yes. Since I never have used Bank Bill Pay from Quicken only from Chase website, I clicked on Deactivate.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damian said: What I have found is that this error usually means you have Online Billpay set to "Yes"
    for an account that is not eligible for Billpay at your financial institution. 
    We have been using our Chase checking account for Bank Bill Pay for many years - first manually via the Chase online website,
    and then later using Quicken One Step Update when I found out about that "bank" feature here on the forum...
    SO... something has changed somewhere - if that is the cause of the OL-393

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• @Ps56k2 - I am not sure.  I had it happen when my savings account was turned on for billpay, and it shouldn't have been.  My checking account was the only one authorized to use the bank's billpay.  There seems to be multiple people here today with OL-393 error and turning off Billpay seemed to correct the issue.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @Ps56k2 - Is it ever possible that a FI can transmit information via the OSU that can update this Billpay setting?
  • CRC13
    CRC13 Member
    CaveCreek - Thank you! Your solution worked. Thanks for taking time to share.
  • michael7572
    michael7572 Member ✭✭✭
    CaveCreek said:
    This Chase account's download has been working forever. In fact, it worked perfectly yesterday.

However, I did find this:

Edit/Delete Account / Account Details / Online Services: under Online bill payment section: Chase Better Banking had Bank Bill Pay set to Yes. Since I never have used Bank Bill Pay from Quicken only from Chase website, I clicked on Deactivate.

Online bill pay now shows No for Bank Bill Pay ( already showed No for Quicken Bill Manager ).

Update now works without OL-393-A error. Go figure? Hopefully there will be no side effects.

Will check again tomorrow.

My OL-393-A started this past weekend.  After reading your post, I tried it, and it worked.  When I activate it, then OSU doesn't work.  I very occasionally pay anything through Quicken, so for me there's no immediate downside to leaving it deactivated. 

When I connected it back, there was some cautionary wording about this being set up with the institution, which leaves me thinking that there's something that Chase may have done on their end?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mine worked yesterday, stopped today.  I don't use bill pay through Quicken so I turned it off.  And it fixed it for me too.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Winter001
    Winter001 Member ✭✭
    Started this AM 5/9/22. Chase OL-393

Quicken Deluxe R40.21
  • Winter001
    Winter001 Member ✭✭
    Started for me this AM, 5/9/22 Chase OL-393

Quicken Deluxe R40.21
  • nedmanjo
    nedmanjo Member ✭✭
    I'm seeing this issue as well, OL-393-A error. Performed reset, reset checked good, didn't fix it. Flipped Bank Bill Pay to No, didn't fix it. Not happy.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I hope people are complaining to Chase because it is almost 100% guaranteed that it is their problem.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I just tried connecting to Chase both on their app and through their website, and neither connects.
    Something major has probably happened to Chase.

EDITED:   That was short lived, I can access Chase now with the App and the website, turning on Bill Pay still gives OL-393-A though.
    Signature:
  • @chris_QPW - I think the reason you are still getting the OL-393 error is that you do not have BillPay set up with Chase.  I have a feeling that BillPay somehow got turned on for Chase customers who didn't use BillPay at all, or additional accounts (i.e Savings) for Chase customers who used BillPay.  Both situations would cause the OL-393 error.
  • AAR
    AAR Member ✭✭
    I had the same error message start yesterday. For background use Direct Connect and the "Bank Bill Pay set to Yes" has been that way since I added my Chase accounts to Quicken a couple of years ago. Use a different bank for Bank Bill Pay, never used Chase for that feature and never had this error message. I followed the recommendation and deactivated. That cleared the error. I am using Quicken H&B Subscription R39.23 on Windows 10 Pro. Thanks @CaveCreek for the troubleshooting advice.
  • Winter001
    Winter001 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I'm seeing same as Chris_QPW is reporting..
    I need/use Billpay through Chase so this is a real issue for me.
    Started in AM 5/9/22. Chase OL-393
    Quicken Deluxe R40.21
  • Ken Weissberg
    Ken Weissberg Member ✭✭✭
    Chase one step update not working correctly - I am getting OL 393A error that indicates Quicken was unable to update your accounts. It seems that Quicken IS communicating with Chase but not able to update Quicken on my computer. A Quicken technical rep told me that they previously set up Case # 9312277 to resolve this issue.
This discussion has been closed.