Way to select which specific accounts to add (Chase)?

I remember there being a way to select which accounts to add when connecting to a financial institution. Is that no longer the case? I'm attempting to add my wife's credit card to my Quicken file and running into issues. We have joint checking/saving accounts which we can both view under our Chase usernames, however my credit card only shows under my Chase username and the same for hers. When I attempt to add her credit card to my Quicken file (that's already setup with our Chase checking/saving accounts and my credit card using my username) using her login info it also adds our checking and saving so I have duplicates. I tried just deleting the new dup checking and savings accounts that it added but it's also doing something screwy where transfers are duplicated as well, even after deleting them.

Thanks for any help, I might be just approaching this all wrong.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    In the distant past Quicken would ask which accounts to connect to when you were first setting them up.
    Sometime back they changed it that on the initial connection they connect them all without asking.

What you need to do it go to the accounts that you don't want and delete them (on the Account Details dialog).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris, thanks for the response. That's unfortunate that we can't select which accounts we want to add. Even after deleting those newly added (but duplicate) accounts my balances were all off and a bunch of transactions were added to the original accounts. What a pain.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Most likely the problem would be in a transfer from the duplicate accounts.  Even after deleting the account the other side of that transfer would be left around.

See if this works.
    Reports -> Banking -> Transaction

Select the gear icon to customize it.
    Select the Categories tab and then, "Include only the transactions with the selected categories".
    In the category field put in [Unspecified Account], and then select OK.

This should give you a list of transactions that were transfers to deleted accounts.
    You can select the first on, and then hold down the shift key and select the last, and then right click and select "Delete Transactions".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give that a try later this evening.
This discussion has been closed.