Why do no bank accounts update but credit and investments do

Phil H.
Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
I  have been plagued for the past few days in that not one of my bank accounts (checking, savings) from two diff banks are updated using One-Step-Update. All credit cards and investments are updated. I've tried resetting, deactivating and added, and logging off but nothing works. What can I do?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab

• Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Ally Bank and Robertson Banking Company. Both banks set up with Express Web Connect.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Phil H. said:
    Ally Bank and Robertson Banking Company. Both banks set up with Express Web Connect.
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock. I have had to manually download but that is "old technology". I'll wait a few days and then call them if it doesn't fix itself.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Phil H. said:
    Thanks Sherlock. I have had to manually download but that is "old technology". I'll wait a few days and then call them if it doesn't fix itself.

For Ally Bank, you may want to follow: ONGOING 5/6/22 Ally Bank - CC-502/102, CC-506/106, CC-501/101
  • Phil H.
    Phil H. Member ✭✭✭
    Sherlock: I'm not sure if I can ever say for sure the "fix" but I deactivated and cleared the account info of each bank account (6) one at a time and closed the app on each deactivation. Then I re-opened the app and added one, did a repair file and closed the app. Did this for all 6 accounts one at a time and all is well. It's working as it should.

This discussion has been closed.